Author Topic: Everything seems fine - but nothing works  (Read 4575 times)

Offline rod

• PhatHacker
Everything seems fine - but nothing works
« on: December 01, 2005, 02:53:14 am »
Hi,

I am trying to expand my 20GB disk, by adding an 80GB one. I have the new Mazda Phatnoise systems. I used the bootable CD and went through all the steps. Everything worked perfectly, I got the anouncement of the new flashing, everything looks good.

The problem is that when I add the new drive in nothing happens, I see EX on the CD player, I can move through the menus but I hear nothing at all. I can't see anything in bootload.log file. I have created a new one by copying an ini file over it, but the file is untouched after puting it in the Car and starting the CD player.

I have tried this countless times and always the same result. Everything looks good from the PC side.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Rod

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Everything seems fine - but nothing works
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:04:11 am »
Does the old drive still work?

Also, I would suggest reloading the firmware on the newly made DMS and removing the forceupdate and forcesettings files if they are added.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 05:04:54 am by judb »

Offline rod

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 01:48:36 am »
The old drive still works great. I can't update the firmware using the music manager because there are no firmware updates for the mazda system, so the wizard stops when it ask me to choose a headunit - there are none in the list, so it won't continue because the next buttons is greyed out. The phathack firmware update works fine though.

Sorry but what are the force options you talk about?

Thanks again

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 03:44:22 am »
phatbox.sixpak.org has the downloads of each firmware type.  just delete all the files in the root of phtsys and unzip those files onto the phtsys partition for your head unit.

the force options are files that are created on phtsys when you extract the zip files.