Author Topic: Voice and corrupt track problems  (Read 6660 times)

Offline Rude Man

• PhatHacker
Voice and corrupt track problems
« on: December 03, 2005, 06:11:09 am »
I do not know if this the right part of the forum.
I have a problem, when I put a whole lot of music files on the Phatbox and wanted to use the voice option I got an error message.
Also when I play the music I do get an error message by voice telling me I have a corrupt track but it plays the music anyway.
I may not be making myself too clear with this and I am sorry if that is so.
Should I start from scratch again?format the drive? Is there something I should do to my music files? I have Musicmatch Jukebox and am able to make changes to the titles, all files are 128 bit,  etc. Will that help with the voice not being there.
Thx [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif]

Offline A543

• Veteran.
Re: Voice and corrupt track problems
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 01:34:05 pm »
What is the error message and where do you get it? Do you get any voice prompts at all?

Offline Rude Man

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 12:04:29 am »
What is the error message and where do you get it? Do you get any voice prompts at all?

When I insert the music file from my computer to the drive in the cradle, I get asked if I want to install the voice prompts it goes through the motions and then ends up saying the "voice prompts could not be installed".
I'll have to bring it in and do it again and then I will write down the exact wording.

After I put all the files from my computer to the drive in the cradle I let it go through all the save and whatever cycles before I can safely remove the cartridge from the cradle.

Then when I play music back in the car all the music files play but every once in a while before it plays a tune I get a "Voice" telling me that this is a corrupt track.

Driving me crazy.

Offline A543

• Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 01:19:32 am »
I'm only guessing at this point, but you might not have any text-to-speech engine set up, or your setup might be corrupted. If using Windows, see if you have a working engine by testing it using control panel/speech. Also check to see if you have any wav files at all in the TTS folder on the PHTDTA partition.

Offline Rude Man

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 04:17:49 pm »
To  A543

Sory I thought I had replied already. I checked out via Control Panel and all was set up already for voice/text.
What I did was to install the Phatvoice from this site and re-installed all the music files. Now some have voice and some do not.

Is there something I should be changing in the actual music files, like by using MusicMatch Jukebox and add/ remove certain titles and or artist info through the edit program in MMJB?

Offline A543

• Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 04:21:26 am »
Sorry I didn't get back to you for a bit. You shouldn't have to change anything about the music files at all as long as they play back properly on the PhatBox. You said that you installed PhatVoice, did you also use it to generate your prompt? Are you ejecting the DMS (inside PMM) and reinserting it before running PhatVoice? Also, do you have enough room on your DMS to create the voice prompts?