Author Topic: loading...loading...loading  (Read 7716 times)

Offline eddy123

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
loading...loading...loading
« on: December 29, 2005, 03:05:03 pm »
I have an original 10G Kenwood Musickeg and a Kenwood headunit. The first weeks it played fine but then it started to die on me. When switching on it says loading....loading.....loading.... I decided to reinstall the unit in my wife's car, with also a Kenwood headunit and it played.....well after a while it also died with the same message. Checking the internet I found an upgrade and successfully installed it and YES it worked again. For a few months it was OK but recently it died on me again, providing me the ever repeating message loading...loading..loading. I noticed that sometimes it gets to the first track but it doesn't play it.

Any suggestions for this frustrated Keg owner.

Eddy  :(

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: loading...loading...loading
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 04:09:42 pm »
could be a drive problem or it could be that your cable isn't staying connected good.. I am not sure really.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 06:10:39 pm »
My suggestion is apply the hack as soon as possible, if you can.... then you can try a different drive.  Also that way if your DMS does completely go out, you're not screwed

Offline eddy123

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 05:09:27 am »
Thanks for the suggestions:

The cable is locked on both sides so I don't believe it gets disconnected. I have red something about that the unit doesn't get enought power due to the long cable but that means I should shorten it which is not possible unless I can find these connectors on the market. Does this makes any sense?

I'm not sure which hack you are referring to, do you mean buy a new harddisk and clone it? Can you help me a step in the right direction?

Thanks

Eddy

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 12:08:22 pm »
There are a number of threads detailing the requirements to swap a drive.   What I mean, is you should patch your firmware before that drive fails on the possibility that drive failure is your problem, otherwise you may encounter some difficulty if you experience complete drive failure

Offline eddy123

• PhatHacker
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 04:35:26 pm »
A late response and thought.......the DMS works very well when placed in the craddle. That concludes for me that the disk is not corrupt. When only placing the DMS in the Keg it fails to work.

I'm still a bit puzzled about the patch you mentioned, I will try a search to understand but hopefully you could show me where to start.

Eddy :)