Author Topic: First post (Of course its a question)  (Read 4820 times)

Offline RSS

• PhatHacker
First post (Of course its a question)
« on: December 16, 2005, 07:59:57 pm »
Hi guys i have had my PB for 3 days so far and already i am having a few problems probably my fault.

#1 I live in Canada and the temp here in winter isnt usualy above 0C so my phatbox likes to not work. (taking the DMS inside overnight seems to help)

#2 Tried to do the Phatvoice program but couldnt seem to get it to work it actually seemed to get rid of all my voice prompts. Does anyone have better instructions on how to set that up?. I tried adding title to my Phatbox.ini file then ran PV to generate the .wav files and then ejected the DMS using PMM. Is that the correct way to go about it?

#3 Wanted to add a startup sound and i tried putting the path into the profile.ini and the phatbox.ini file both did not seem to work. I am using a file that i created by typing in a greating (hi this is my car etc) into a playlist generating that onto the phatbox using PMM then renaming the file to welcome.wav and putting the path into the .ini file startup_sound=/dos/tts/welcome.wav . All i get is silence for the first 10sec when phatbox boots up in my car.

Thanks for the help and please excuse my noobness
RSS

yes i did a little searching but still havent found what i need yet

Offline RSS

• PhatHacker
I think i have found the awnser to number 3
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 08:06:30 pm »
Okay i did some more searching and think i can do #3 tonight when i get home.
I was putting it under my specific head unit in the phatbox.ini file.

Offline RSS

• PhatHacker
Still cant figure it out
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:09:12 am »
wow no response.

I will continue to talk to myself then. I tried entering the startup_sound=/dos/tts/Welcome.wav into my phatbox.ini file on the phtsys partition right under the [phatbox]

Here is what it looks like
[Phatbox]
startup_sound=/dos/tts/Welcome.wav
modification=3
announce=0
kenwood_digits=2
track_display_250=0
pioneer_99_digits=0
ssa_use_disc_up_down=0
ssahelpfile=/dos/tts/se_help.mp3
list_title_text=%m%n: %t
bad_album_db=on
alpha_file_ext=mp3
sleeptime=300000

There was no start up sound when i started it in my car. Does it have to also be in profiles.ini or both?
Its an Audi Phatbox running firmware V7.02

Offline A543

• Veteran.
Re: First post (Of course its a question)
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 05:18:12 pm »
What folder do you have welcome.wav in?  Based on your post it should be in PHTSYS\TTS.
Also make sure it's a format that the box can play.
As far as PhatVoice, you should run this after you eject the DMS from PMM. Just reinsert it into your cradle and then run PhatVoice. 16 bit, 16khz mono files will give you the best sound output but the PhatBox doesn't support this sample rate, so you'll have to convert them to something else like 16 bit, 22khz files, using a third party program such as dbPowerAmp.  This also pertains to your startup sound as I mentioned above.

Offline RSS

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 07:49:04 pm »
Yes i have it in th Phtsys/tts directory i also put it in phtdta/tts directory just to be sure. It should be an okay format as I created the file by entering it in as a playlist tittle and letting PMM create it i copied it renamed it welcome.wav and then copied it back to phtsys/tts directory.

Offline A543

• Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 04:11:43 am »
Hmm, interesting. I'll just take some stabs at it. First make sure the filename in the ini is exactly the same as on the drive, capitalization and all.  Second, try creating an MP3 from the wav and using that. Third, try using "startup_sound=/data/tts/Welcome.wav" to see if the file on the data partition plays. If those don't work, you could try using the "Welcome to PhatNoise.mp3" file that comes with the DMS just to make sure it's not a format issue, but I agree with you that your method should have generated a correct file.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 07:44:43 pm »
on a side note, since the /dos partition is a fat32 partition, capitalization does not in fact matter... it will match upper or lower case.  The important part is just that /dos is lowercase, which in the example it is

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 03:30:52 pm »
due to issues with wav file playback support it might be better to convert the file to MP3 and update the startup sound path to refelect the filename change.