Other > General

Just saying hello again....

(1/3) > >>

VorTechS:
Hi all,

It's been a while, and it seems I have missed a lot of PMs and general conversation topics (the forum hasn't notified me of anything in forever!)
So if I have missed anything, I'm sorry, it was not intentional!

I've not been hiding away I have just been exceptionally busy with life, and new jobs. 

Believe it or not, I still work on PhatHack Media Manager as I use it at work daily, and on my CarPC - but that's been mostly bug-fixing.
Elements of PHMM have spawned out into other projects, but nothing PhatNoise related!

I still have the test boards I was sent a long time ago, and I had managed to get the drivers for the being recognised as the old PhatHack USB drivers.  I don't know that's much use these days, but hey!

Anyway, I'm back!  And if I can remember anything, I'll help where I can! :)

bolopez:
Stuart, you say that you still have the test boards. Is there any chance to buy a working one anywhere? I'm afraid my cradle is failing too much, and buying a new one seems impossible (for a reasonable price...). I almost bought one on eBay las tuesday, but someone else was faster (and had more money to spend...) than me.

Regards

VorTechS:
Sorry when I said test boards, I meant singular.  I have no idea if they are still available retail, but they are a multi-board that would not fit inside the cradle.

Your best bet these days is to go for something along these lines:

2.5" IDE Enclosure on Ebay UK

2.5" IDE enclosure on Ebay Germany

2.5" IDE enclosure on Ebay France

2.5" IDE enclosure on Ebay Italy

2.5" IDE enclosure on Ebay US

Opening up the DMS cartridge is easy, just take care removing the board from / Attaching to the disk drive so that no pins get bent!

bolopez:
Thanks for the answer. I already have a couple of those, but I can't make them work with PN Media Manager, which I need to mix English and Spanish voice tags. Always the same "DMS ID" message, and it is a recognised drive (it works with the cradle...)

This weekend I hope I'll have another DMS so that I can use one in my car and the other one to keep testing.

Thanks anyway and regards.

VorTechS:
I need to find out why I can't build the latest version of PhatMM, but any reason why you are not using that?  It doesn't care what disk is inside the DMS...!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version