Author Topic: Text to Read Artist-Track-Album  (Read 4731 times)

Offline gallagher419

• A few posts under my belt.
  • Freakin' sweet!
Text to Read Artist-Track-Album
« on: January 08, 2006, 05:00:40 am »
I currently have a Kenwood Music Keg hooked up to a Kenwood Excelon HU which has the capability of reading two lines of text. I know there is a way to have the HU display the Artist-Track-Album on one line but I do not remember how to do it in PMM. Currently the HU displays just the Artist and Track on one line and I can display the Album on the 2nd line but I like to be able to view my clock on that line so I'd like to have the text all on one line. Any ideas? Thanks!
"Gays don't vomit. They're a very clean people. And they have been ever since they came to this country from France."

Offline timps

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: Text to Read Artist-Track-Album
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 04:41:26 pm »
This is how I did it using Media Manager hope it helps.

To create a new pattern

If you are using Media Manager click on “audio playlists” in the “devices” task plane & a list of all your playlists should then appear in the main window.

In the main window right mouse click on the first playlist & you will see “properties” at the bottom of the box that appears click on that.

Next in the box marked “display pattern”  click on “Edit Patterns” then using the “New pattern” button create the pattern you wish.

To select a pattern for all playlists

Then go back & click on your fist playlist again   & press “Ctrl A” this will select all your playlists then right mouse click you will see “properties” at the bottom click on that & you will see “Head unit display pattern” select the pattern you have just made click  ”ok” it will change it for all your playlists.

The pattern you require may already exist if it does do not bother creating it but you can not create a new pattern with all the playlists selected but if you create it for one playlist you can use it in all.