Author Topic: VW Phatbox and MFD2 headunit compatibility  (Read 3978 times)

Offline stephengrenfell

VW Phatbox and MFD2 headunit compatibility
« on: January 08, 2006, 05:14:54 pm »
Hi,

Anyone know anything about getting the VW Phatbox working with the Navigation head unit MFD2 ?.

Stupidly I went out and bought an MFD2 but now discover this model doesn't work with the VW Phatbox.   The DMS originally had v4.02 firmware and each time the head unit was switched off the Phatbox would revert to disc1 track 1 on switching the head unti back on.  I updated the DMS firmware to v7.02 and now each time the head unit is switched off the haed unit initially displays "Check Magazine". Removing and re-inserting the DMS intyo the Phatbox sometimes resolves this.   The DMS works fine with the stock radio (RCD300).

Is the interface protocol different on the MFD2 - I don't see anything any where about having to use a different CD changer with this head unit.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Offline jjc

• PhatHacker
Re: VW Phatbox and MFD2 headunit compatibility
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:38:05 pm »
I am about to fit one tomorrow but one of my friends has the same set-up and it all works OK will post here once I know more.

John

Offline jjc

• PhatHacker
Re: VW Phatbox and MFD2 headunit compatibility
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 01:41:49 pm »
OK fitted it today all works great. did have to update the units firmware. Only problem I have now is the ID tags on some of my MP3s ain't quite correct.

John