Author Topic: Removing the outer casing?  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Seaco

• PhatHacker
Removing the outer casing?
« on: January 28, 2006, 08:43:26 pm »
My new Phatbox Arrived yesterday all seems well, I have been told that I have to remove the outer alloy casing so it will fit in my Audi A3 dash so I have removed all the screws except the one on the back by the connector as I loosened this it seemed as though something was attached to it on the inside which moved as I turned, so I just loosened it, it all appears still very tight so could someone give me an idea how to part it as I don't want to break anything?... :-X

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
Re: Removing the outer casing?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 11:20:13 am »
Hi,

I think the screw that you are refering to is smaller than the others, right?  THis is attached to a small clamp which holds the voltage regulator on the Phatbox PCB against the back plate.  If you have disturbed it, then once you have the box open, you should check that the clamp is still effective, and re-tighten the screw if needed (you can secure it with some borrowed nail varnish).  Also check that the thin rectangular plastic sheet is still held between the regulator and the rear plate, since this is a special thermally conductive electrical insulator.  It is important that it is in place.

Regards,

Les.