Author Topic: firmware server down need help  (Read 5344 times)

Offline ryanmc

• A few posts under my belt.
firmware server down need help
« on: February 26, 2006, 08:34:36 pm »
My musickeg cable  was unplugged over the weekend so it needs the firmware reloaded. The phatnoise firmware server is down  so im not able to use the wizard in pmm. I tried downloading the firmware from  http://downloads.phathack.com/firmware/ and extracting to phtsys still no good. I used the phatnoise boot cd to format and repartition on both the original dms and the upgrade. not sure what to do next. am i screwed until the firmware server is online ?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: firmware server down need help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 11:32:10 pm »
wait, you are saying the cable being unplugged has something to do with needing to load firmware?  what?!?

if you create the file "forceupdate" that is all it takes to reload the existing firmware to your box.. there are no other files involved.. (possible that forcesettings also needs to be created..) these two files are removed when you finish that process.

There is this thread http://forum.phathack.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1140805831 that may be of some use to you... if you really need to do that to get it to start.  however you shouldn't have to reload your firmware to make the box work

Offline ryanmc

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 12:13:34 am »
yes any time it is unplugged i have to load the firmware or i could be wrong but as long as i have had this ive had to do this.

from another post you say "you can get the files from downloads.phathack.com ... just remove the files from the root of your phtsys drive and then extract the 4 zip files for your head unit into phtsys. " So i can have a bare phtsys (with only extracted files)and the firmware will load ?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:18:17 am by ryanmc »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 04:00:06 am »
"Firmware" is really only the firmware.pac IIRC... and the forceupdate causes the phatnoise software to reload the code into the 8051 controller to tell it how to talk to your head unit.

You don't have to reload firmware if you disconnect the box.  At least none of the several ones I have owned needed that.

The thread that I pointed you to has to do with some issues with PMM and wiping the DMS while the phatnoise servers are down that one person was having.  I've never experienced that issue myself.

The zip files contain all the files for your head unit and for the phatbox to operate.. apparently PMM looks for some xml file depending on what version of PMM you have.  

Offline roccopagano

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 07:13:08 pm »
I have got similar problems too... is the server really down? I'm trying to reinitialize my dms and i can't find the serve... it says unable to connect!!

Offline ryanmc

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 09:34:29 pm »
yes its down i havent received a reply to the email i sent them and am unable to get anyone on the phone. maybe you will have  luck with just extracting the files to your phtsys drive

Offline roccopagano

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 10:27:17 pm »
I've tried to extract the files on the dms but the wizard to reinitializw still doesn't goes on....

so I have to wait.... OMG

thank you ryan

Offline roccopagano

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 01:24:48 pm »
server is finally online again!!!! :D