Author Topic: After Hack DMS Won't Play Flac  (Read 4956 times)

Offline gallagher419

• A few posts under my belt.
  • Freakin' sweet!
After Hack DMS Won't Play Flac
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:00:35 pm »
After hacking my DMS I cannot play flac file in my Keg. Flac play fine on the DMS when plugged into the cradle but when I put the DMS into the Keg all i get is the DMS hack message your DMS has been upgraded etc. Any ideas?
"Gays don't vomit. They're a very clean people. And they have been ever since they came to this country from France."

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: After Hack DMS Won't Play Flac
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 09:33:08 pm »
I seem to recall the instructions saying that you had to restore the flacplay and flacplay.sig from the backup directory on phtsys to the root of phtsys because thats how the hack code runs.

Offline gallagher419

• Freakin' sweet!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 08:00:46 pm »
I seem to recall the instructions saying that you had to restore the flacplay and flacplay.sig from the backup directory on phtsys to the root of phtsys because thats how the hack code runs.

Well I can't seem to find where in the instructions that it says to do that but I'm sure that it does anyhow could you please tell exactly how to do that because I really don't know how to. Thank you!
"Gays don't vomit. They're a very clean people. And they have been ever since they came to this country from France."

Offline timps

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 08:30:45 pm »
After the hack I just used PMM to reinstall the firmware & it plays FLAC on my Keg.

Not sure about plugins though.

Offline gallagher419

• Freakin' sweet!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 09:02:18 pm »
After the hack I just used PMM to reinstall the firmware & it plays FLAC on my Keg.

Not sure about plugins though.

I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 09:03:32 pm »
there should be two files in the phtsys\backup directory... one called flacplay and one called flacplay.sig
just copy those back to the root of phtsys and overwrite the ones that are there.  this will renable the flac player.

you may want to edit the profile.ini under phtdta\profiles and remove the startup sound entry because that file is not really a flac file.

Offline gallagher419

• Freakin' sweet!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 09:42:57 pm »
Well updating the Firmware has bought FLAC back to my keg. Thank you Timps ;D

Offline gallagher419

• Freakin' sweet!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 09:45:38 pm »
there should be two files in the phtsys\backup directory... one called flacplay and one called flacplay.sig
just copy those back to the root of phtsys and overwrite the ones that are there.  this will renable the flac player.

you may want to edit the profile.ini under phtdta\profiles and remove the startup sound entry because that file is not really a flac file.

I did do the first part that you suggested earlier today with no success but I probably needed to edit the profile but I have updated the firmware and now I have FLAC playing in the Keg again! Thanks for your help judb!