Author Topic: vmove the pIs there a hack for....  (Read 7309 times)

Offline Kat_Daddy

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
vmove the pIs there a hack for....
« on: February 14, 2006, 03:37:16 am »
  Is there a hack to remove the playlist and track prompts off the dms. So, instead of "Disc Name PLY001" being diplayed, it only dipslays  "Disc Name".

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: vmove the pIs there a hack for....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 04:28:23 am »
It's a setting on the playlist in PMM

Offline Kat_Daddy

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:25:48 am »
Could you be more specific. I cant find it anywhere on there. I know you can change the way the name of the song is displayed with pmm. example. most wma's u ripp to your hard drive is save as "03 songthree". In pmm you can change it to only display "songthree". But still when u load the dms in the car the song is displayed as "songthree/TRK03". the ame goes for the disc names. Is that a function of my headunit or is that common for all. and again how do i remove it?  :-?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 08:26:59 am by Kat_Daddy »

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 10:17:13 am »
It's there, you're not looking hard enough.  Assuming this is for a Kenwood Music Keg:

1. Put your DMS in the USB cradle and start up PMM, then connect to the DMS.
2. Press the Hardware Options button, over to the right side of the screen in PMM.  This will bring up the Hardware Options window.  
3. The first tab is Firmware Setup.  Press the Properties button.  This will bring up the Modify Firmware Properties window.  
4. Under Firmware Properties, click on List Title Text.  Change the Value of Firmware Property to Disc Text.
5. Save changes, and then save/eject DMS.  Done.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline Kat_Daddy

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 09:29:39 pm »
Found it. It brings up some kind of blah blah about needing to connect to the internet to update my firmware. What happens if i allow my hacked dms to connect ??? Will the firmware update work, or will the site recognize, my DMS as a phony ?

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 10:45:53 pm »
*bangs head on wall*

The 'firmware' that you get from phatnoise is NOT the same as the firmware that is updated by the hack.  What the hack updated is NEVER modified by PhatNoise

Offline Kat_Daddy

• PhatHacker
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 10:53:06 pm »
so its okay to upate the firmware on the dms from the internet then... The cradle recognizes my DMS differently than the old one. I just figured maybe the site would too. If phatnoise has caught on to the hacks that are being used, they may implement something to screw it up.