Author Topic: Erratic Playlist Resume/Bookmark  (Read 4409 times)

Offline phareous

• PhatHacker
Erratic Playlist Resume/Bookmark
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:31:13 pm »
Recently the playlist resume/bookmark feature has started behaving erratically. Sometimes it works fine but sometimes it doesn't and I'll end up repeating up to 30 minutes. When I do a Pause, I also find it may be off by up to 30 seconds. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Erratic Playlist Resume/Bookmark
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:13:38 pm »
what type of files are you playing with this feature?  some times depending on your encoder settings / format of compression you will have seeking issues.  

Some flac files for instance have serious issues with that.

Offline phareous

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:29:08 pm »
These are all MP3s

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 07:33:22 am »
Hook up the DMS to your computer and in PMM try the "fix database" option.  That regenerates the database files on the DMS and can sort out a lot of problems.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 04:22:40 pm »
Recently the playlist resume/bookmark feature has started behaving erratically. Sometimes it works fine but sometimes it doesn't and I'll end up repeating up to 30 minutes. When I do a Pause, I also find it may be off by up to 30 seconds. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

It sounds like you are talking about large MP3 files. If so, please be aware that the bookmark/resume feature has always had trouble with MP3 files that use VBR (Variable BitRate) encoding. Chances are, this is the source of your trouble, and there is no known fix.