Author Topic: PMM on Windows Server 2003?  (Read 5581 times)

Offline Pinky

• A few posts under my belt.
PMM on Windows Server 2003?
« on: March 12, 2006, 06:07:34 pm »
Hello all.  I'm running a custom home-theater PC in my living room.  (Runs Media Portal)  So naturally, all of my MP3s are on a second drive on this server.  It runs Windows Server 2003.  So what I want to do is hookup my Phatbox cradle to the server so I can copy the files directly from that machine.

However, when I try to install PMM from the original CD supplied with my Phatbox, it won't install the AT&T Natural Labs software.  It tells me the operating system is inadequate.  Any ideas on how I can get around this?  Is there some other way to get the Natural Labs software on there?  Or some way to run PMM w/ some other voice software?  Or some other way of installing a newer version (not the original CD) that will install the Natural Labs software?

Thanks!

Offline Pinky

Re: PMM on Windows Server 2003?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:10:00 pm »
As a follow-up, I tried upgrading the version of PMM that installed from the CD with the latest Media Manager (3.76), and that won't install on Server 2k3 either.   :(

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:22:13 am »
have you tried running it using the compatability option? Should be in there if you right click on the installer.. that MAY work.. never tried installing it on Server 2003.. maybe just run a VM inside of that using MS Virtual Server or whatever they call it and run XP on it.

Offline Pinky

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 01:27:34 pm »
Nice idea, I hadn't thought of that.  I'll give it a shot this week & report back.

Offline Wigan

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 04:34:55 am »
The compatibility mode definitly gets pas tthe install limitation.

But, I was having problems with my DMS so I cant say if it actually works well on 2003 server.