Author Topic: PhatBox with the VW Phaeton?  (Read 3988 times)

Offline consultec

• PhatHacker
PhatBox with the VW Phaeton?
« on: March 28, 2006, 09:03:38 am »
I am trying to get the Phatbox to work with my VW Phaeton. THe unit hook up fine. IT's keep complaining that the CD player is not there. I can play the music and skip the tracks. Is there a way to map the buttons from the Phaeton Navi (infortaiment) to talk to the Phatbox?

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: PhatBox with the VW Phaeton?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:36:26 pm »
There is a post in the Phathack Wiki about installation in a Touareg, perhaps it will give you some ideas:
http://wiki.phathack.com/VW_Headunits
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline consultec

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 07:05:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply. In the US, we don't have problem with hooking up the Phatbox to the Touareg (Navi and Non-Navi unit).  I am having problem with the Phaeton. Since it use the same CD changer connector, it should work, right? Yes and No. You can do everything except for skipping songs. You need to hit Scan after skipping to the next track or Album. Plus the stupid "NO CD" keep showing up which causes delay in playing the music.

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 09:41:50 am »
The point of the Touareg article was that not all cables are the same, and that is what you should check.  Are you using a genuine Phatbox>VW cable, or the stock CD changer cable?  Seems to me the wrong cable could cause the symptoms you are describing.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline consultec

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 03:15:35 am »
I am using the original cable that came with the Phatbox from VW dealer.  I didn't know that there's a different cable or different Pinout for the Phaeton or other VW.  Any help, I would be great. :-)