Author Topic: Does anyone have more than 99 playlists/disks?  (Read 3488 times)

Offline nedb

• PhatHacker
Does anyone have more than 99 playlists/disks?
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:05:31 pm »
Sure, it's a bit of a continuation from my last post. But I was curious to see if anybody has more than 99 playlists/disks loaded on their boxes that are visible from their head units. Did the headunit display 100, 101 and greater as far as playlists go? Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 02:47:52 pm by nedb »

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: Does anyone have more than 99 playlists/disks?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:39:04 pm »
Not currently, but at one point (before VIOT was released) I had a playlist for each artist, and also a playlist for each album. I think it was close to 800 at the time.

Offline nedb

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 02:46:39 pm »
Thanks for responding. Did you headunit have any problems displaying after 99 playlists?

Offline timps

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 08:20:36 pm »
Phatnoise can support over 10000 playlists I have used over 300 playlists on an Audi Headunit and the same when I converted it  to a Kenwood headunit.

No problems in use at all.

The  display rolls over to 01 after 99 but this does not affect how the unit operates it will still play them in order & remember where you are.  

But it will only display a 2 figure number

Offline SteveC

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 04:26:54 pm »
Thanks for responding. Did you headunit have any problems displaying after 99 playlists?

While the headunit didn't support displaying anything over 99 natively, the playlist number was included in the text sent to the headunit. So if you have your HU set to show the playlist/album title, you should see the actual playlist number.