Author Topic: VW to Audi Phatnoise Conversion  (Read 3664 times)

Offline pumpytums

• PhatHacker
VW to Audi Phatnoise Conversion
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:10:42 am »
Hi everyone,
my first post so please be gentle with me.
I recently bought a VW Phatnoise system of ebay and it works great in my Polo with a gamma Headunit.
I'm hopefully changing my car to an Audi A3 in the near future, what changes will I need to make to the firmware (if any). I also understand that I need a new cable from the 25pin Phatnoise to the Audi CD harness (13pin Din) is it possible to just solder a new connector on the end of the VW adapter lead ? If so can some kind person point me to the info.

Cheers

Garry

Offline crane007

• A few posts under my belt.
  • Mazda 3 Phathacker
Re: VW to Audi Phatnoise Conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 12:17:45 pm »
Hi everyone,
my first post so please be gentle with me.
I recently bought a VW Phatnoise system of ebay and it works great in my Polo with a gamma Headunit.
I'm hopefully changing my car to an Audi A3 in the near future, what changes will I need to make to the firmware (if any). I also understand that I need a new cable from the 25pin Phatnoise to the Audi CD harness (13pin Din) is it possible to just solder a new connector on the end of the VW adapter lead ? If so can some kind person point me to the info.

Cheers

Garry

Garry,

You will need to put the Audi firmware onto the phatbox, this can be done using Phatbox music manager (PMM).

I have a spare Audi cable, I would be willing to sell it for $25(CAN)+Shipping

Neil

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 12:18:27 pm by crane007 »

Offline pumpytums

• PhatHacker
Re: VW to Audi Phatnoise Conversion
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 06:54:41 am »
Cheers Mate,
I will go for that check your email

Thanks

Garry