Author Topic: Ready to get an Ipod  (Read 11689 times)

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
PMM problem with new dms
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 07:00:22 pm »
Now it's another problem.

If I drag the files to the DMS, they will load and play fine.  If i use the Sync feature in Media Manager, well...
DMS doctor reports no M3U playlist signatures found.  PMM complains that the Drive ID cannot be found.

Write Caching is disabled for this 60G Hitachi travelstar I'm using.

Should I do a repair of this drive with the Boot CD?

Will the sync feature just not work?  I deleted the Welcome playlist, should I have just renamed it?

When I put it in the Box, it just kept announcing the playlists I had created, back and forth...  Browse by artist would just give me the letter 'M'...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 07:01:54 pm by Anton »

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Ready to get an Ipod
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 09:08:51 am »
This is an issue with Media Manager 3.92.  Some people even experience it on the original DMS.

If you want to easily resolve this problem, stop using Media Manager and use Music Manager 2.3.  To me it is much less troublesome than any version of Media Manager.  If you prefer Media Manager, you need to get hold of version 3.76, where the drive ID issue is not present.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 05:03:36 pm by markbowen »
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2006, 03:13:09 pm »
Mark,

3.76 is the version of PMM that i have.  Since it is not working, I have been using 2.30

I thought 3.92 was the upgraded PMM plus, because when I check for updates to 3.76 none are found.

I like Media Mananger, because it is easier to create and maintain Dynamic playlists.  And it is easier on the eyes...

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
Broken Again!
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 02:32:08 am »
The moderators are probably getting sick of my by now.  I don't know why, but this is going all wrong for me.

It was working for a while,  then I loaded some music, and now the Headunit will not recognize the Box.  I get a 'No changer'  message.  First I have to fix this with the Original DMS, before I start to worry about the New HDD.  So this is what I've done.

I reformatted the DMS with the Hack CD.  Then Reloaded the firmware with music manager.  Plugged the DMS into the box, then plugged the box into the Head Unit.  This didn't work.  DMS doctor says it passes all tests.
I think the problem is with the  Box.  
Is this the reason?:
Back when I changed from PMM 2.3 to PMM 3.76 somehow the firmware was changed for my box.  It changed from VW/Audi ed. box to Platinum Ed. box.  What does this do exactly?  I'm not talking about the firmware in the DMS Ver7.02.  would it have damaged the box.  Now I'm using PMM 2.3 again, and the firmware is set up for VW/Audi Ed. box,(what i have.)  Should I change it to the Platinum Ed.?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 02:33:00 am by Anton »

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 07:48:19 am »
it wasn't changed to platinum edition, that's just what it shows when you go into the firmware upgrade by default.

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 01:05:36 pm »
IIRC, I changed it to the platinum edition accidentally when I was upgrading the DMS firmware to 7.02 (when was this released?)  I didn't see the VW edition in the list.

Long story short, I changed it back to the VW edition after I realized the error.

However, the box was working long after this.  But now Head unit will not recognize.  No use running the patch again, because all I get is flashing green light, and No Changer message.

I will recreate the Bootload.log, and post here.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:06:21 pm by Anton »