Author Topic: Help - playlist resume points messed up  (Read 3634 times)

Offline pvthudson

• PhatHacker
Help - playlist resume points messed up
« on: May 06, 2006, 03:59:16 am »
For some reason, and with no obvious pattern, my resume points are behaving weird. It doesn't happen with every playlist, nor does it always happen with the same playlists, but when I switch playlists, the song plays from the point I left off, but the deck displays the info for track 1, and the time at 00:00. So I could be halfway through track 15, and it's playing correctly, but the headunit thinks it's starting from track 1. Going to the next song, or when the track is over, it goes to track 2, and if I hit 'back' it starts the real track 1.

It's really annoying, and sort of defeats the purpose of resume points If I have to manually skip through the playlist to get back where I was, but I just can't figure out where the problem is.

I've toggled the 'resume' checkbox on the properties page of every playlist, I've forced updates of the firmware in case there was a problem, and I've done the hard reset thing... no luck.

As I said, it happens to playlists at random, whether new or old, and regardless of # of tracks, so I'm stumped. If anyone has any other ideas I'm open to suggestions!

Music Keg
Kenwood KDC-X879 HU

Offline guyjr

• PhatHacker
Re: Help - playlist resume points messed up
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 11:32:09 pm »
Sorry I'm not posting a solution... I'm actually having the exact same problem with the VW phatbox. None of my playlists resume correctly at all... typically when I shut the car off and start it up again later, the head unit shows the correct track & time, but as soon as it starts to try to play, it always ends up playing the next track, even though the display shows it as playing the current track!

I wonder if this is a problem because I have more than 100 playlists... some sort of counter overflowing somewhere?