Author Topic: Kenwood Keg - EJECT  (Read 3863 times)

Offline mmodashia

• PhatHacker
Kenwood Keg - EJECT
« on: December 21, 2006, 11:14:06 am »
Hi

Can anyone provide any help on the following. I purchased a second-hand KK from ebay all was working fine after installation. However I had to go away on business and used it for the first time on the motorway - seems that if I went over 60mph the music would stop and the LOAD prompt would come on screen. After this it would say EJECT and stop working. A few time I stopped and ejected the DMS re-seated it and then continued on my way. The Keg is fixed solidly and vertically in the boot but I  don't know if over 60mph there are any vibrations that may be affecting the KK...... It gets worse. This morning the headunit says Eject from the start and no matter how many times I turn the head unit off and eject the DMS and re-seat it it keeps on saying EJECT. Can anyone help me rectify this problem as this weekend I have another long haul journey to make.

Many thanks in advance

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Kenwood Keg - EJECT
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 03:39:40 pm »
It really sounds to me like your DMS drive is failing / failed.  Try running the DMS doctor on it and see what that says.  Let us know the results.

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 10:47:13 am »
If it was something that was previously rectified by ejecting and reinserting the DMS, and now even that does not work, I would think the problem is the internal cable connection in the Keg itself.  They are known to come loose.  Run a check on your disk, and if that is OK, you may have to open up the Keg.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline mmodashia

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 12:02:19 pm »
Thankyou both for these suggestions.

I've tried unplugging and re-seating the cable however on plugging the cable back in the Keg shows a constant red power light but the green light flashes for a second, goes off then is a constant green for about 10 seconds and then cycles round and round. All the while the head unit says LOAD and then eventually gives up and says EJECT.
Also when you say run DMS Doctor do you mean DMS Repair as I don't seem to have the first within Media Manager.

Many Thanks

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 03:07:15 pm »
yes run DMS repair.. I think the name changes based on the version of PMM installed.. or im insane.. either way..

the cable that Mark was mentioning is internal to the phatbox.. you have to take the case off.. its the cable from where the drive plugs in to the main board of the phatbox.. it is prone to coming loose on some units.

Offline mmodashia

• PhatHacker
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 10:53:55 am »
Hi

Thankyou all for all the support on this problem. Sorry about the delay in replying as I couldn't get on the site for a while. The Keg is now working. Fortunately when I bought it it came with a second DMS however on plugging this in I was still getting the same prob. On a more detailed look at the Keg manual I noticed a section that suggested that the cable to the head unit be unplugged plugged back in and then the head unit reset button being pressed (I didn't know it had one). Once I did this it all started to work. I haven't tried using the first DMS as all is fine with the second one and best of all it works when I drive over 60 mph.  ;)

Many thanks once again for all you help and suggestions.

Kind Regards

Manish