Author Topic: Music Manager Crashes when Initializing Phatnoise  (Read 4855 times)

Offline JE10

Music Manager Crashes when Initializing Phatnoise
« on: January 06, 2008, 02:15:02 pm »
Hello, I'm new here and I have been having this problem with the Phatnoise Music Manager and DMS.

The problem started a couple days ago while I was transferring song onto the DMS, and my computer rebooted. It deleted all of the music and left all the other stuff still on it. Thats not the problem though.

The Problem is that when I go into Music Manager and click on the Phatnoise DMS under the "Device" category. It will load the DMS to 34% while "Initializing Phatnoise" and "Loading Tags" and crash/freeze Music Manager.

I read a thread about someone with the same problem and they just had to rename the "profiles" folder to something else and it worked but that is not working for me.

Also the Phatnoise did not come with he original CD when I bought it, so there is no way for me to get Media Manager. Unless someone here wanted to copy it and send it to me... ???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jake

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Music Manager Crashes when Initializing Phatnoise
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 07:39:43 am »
Register at www.phatnoise.org and you will be able to find what you are looking for.

Chances are that you either have a corrupt file, or possibly a file with tags that PHatNoise Media Manager thinks it should be able to read, but can't.  To eliminate the corrupt file possibility, try doing a CHKDSK on your PHTDTA partition.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)