Author Topic: Unable to Start PhatNoise Media Manager PMM_3.92_WWW.exe  (Read 8934 times)

Offline valiumii

Unable to Start PhatNoise Media Manager PMM_3.92_WWW.exe
« on: April 27, 2008, 11:22:40 am »
Hi Guys!

I installed PhatNoise Media Manager (PMM_3.92_WWW.exe) on my new PC. But if i start PMM the application starts up and afterwards my PC reboots.  :-[ No chance to use PhatNoise Media Manager. Everytime the PC reboots. Even without the craddle is plugged to my PC.

I installed PhatNoise MUSIC Manager 2.30 on my PC and it´s working, no reboots.
But i want to use PhatNoise Media Manager 3.92. Any ideas?

thx

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
Re: Unable to Start PhatNoise Media Manager PMM_3.92_WWW.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 05:37:25 pm »
I can't help directly, but it would help others to know which operating system you are running.  Thanks.

Offline valiumii

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 04:22:11 am »
I´m using WinXP SP2.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 06:54:34 am »
Sounds very unusual this, and I'm not sure how you can go about investigating what's causing it.
My initial thoughts on this, are perhaps you need to update the ASPI layer for the CD-ROM stuff as perhaps PMM has installed something that's causing a driver conflict (thus causing your machine to reboot).

I think the first thing to do, would be to get it so that XP shows you the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) that's occuring.  To do this:

1. Click start, and then right click on 'My Computer' and choose 'Properties'
2. Click on the 'Advanced' tab, and then click on the 'Settings' button under 'Startup and Recovery'
3. Untick the option 'Automatically restart'
4. Click on 'OK' and then 'OK'

Fire up PMM, and then make a note of the error that gets displayed on the blue screen that occurs and drop it back in here.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline kegger

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:04:41 am »
You may want to check this thread if you haven't already as I too had problems with both versions of PMM using a brand new Dell:  http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1466.0.html   

Now, PMM 2.30 works as it should but PMM 3.92 has to be manually ended via Task Manager or via a command prompt and process id after you would quit the program normally.

Just something else to consider FWIW.  Might be a variation on this theme as something vendor specific causing your problem on your new machine.

Offline valiumii

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 12:53:16 pm »
OK, here you go:

Does anyone have a former Version of PMM to try if the same problem occurs?

Offline valiumii

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 04:24:07 pm »
Guys, where can i find older versions of PhatNoise Media Manager? e.g. 3.51 oder 3.52

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)