Author Topic: AAC Plug In  (Read 11076 times)

Offline illingworth22

• A few posts under my belt.
AAC Plug In
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:59:44 pm »
Is there any way to "Beg, Steel or Borrow" the AAC Plug In? If there is an illegal way (and you have a copy if this is possible) PM me! Some of my CD's are in the UK others are in the Caribbean..... and guess what 90% of my music is in AAC format.

Also what is the possibliity of getting forum members to donate towards the development costs for a Phat AAC plug in?

P.S. Vortec do not shout at me as I know I asked you this question in a PM ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 05:44:49 pm by illingworth22 »

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: AAC Plug In
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:41:45 pm »
The AAC plugin is in hand, it will be available in the release of the next version of the tools.

Patience is a virtue!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline illingworth22

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:11:16 am »
I recon (and come on all who have viewed this thread) that Mr V deserves some type of donation for all his hard work! I would be rightly stuffed if I had no AAC support on my box!

Maybe someone could stickkie a post to this effect!

Offline illingworth22

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 09:45:06 pm »
The AAC plugin is in hand, it will be available in the release of the next version of the tools.

Patience is a virtue!

and Procrastination is a Sin....or so they say. Just kidding V let me know when you have somthing!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 05:17:36 am »
just put the aacplay.sig and aacplay on the DMS and add it to players.ini for *.aac (or w/e) files and resign it.  Nothing hard.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 06:42:12 am »
As sbingner says, it is fairly easy if you know what you are doing....
If not, wait for the new tools.

Oh, and no need for crediting me here.... sbingner is the one that came up with the workaround, so if anything, donate to PhatHack.com!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline illingworth22

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 01:40:26 pm »
just put the aacplay.sig and aacplay on the DMS and add it to players.ini for *.aac (or w/e) files and resign it.  Nothing hard.

Am I reading this right copy the aacplay.sig and the aac.? files on the DMS and past them into the players.ini folder on the DMS, or have I miss understood you? What do you mean by "resign" it?

If it is too complex then I will just wait for Vortex's fix! 8)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 01:45:37 pm »
You copy the aacplay file onto PHTSYS, and then push it through the signing utility to make sure a proper SIG is generated.
Then you need to modify exec.ini to add the AAC extensions (.acc/.m4a) to route through aacplay...and it should then work.

But you have to have the files in the first place, so wait for my tool.  Assuming nothing serious is found later today by the last tester to report issues, then I'll release tomorrow.

Offline illingworth22

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 03:07:59 pm »
And I thought my Mate Mark Rouse (www.imagiotech.com) was the only genius I knew!

R
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:21:06 am by illingworth22 »