Author Topic: PhatHack DMS Tools and a Toshiba Hard Drive  (Read 4807 times)

Offline illingworth22

• A few posts under my belt.
PhatHack DMS Tools and a Toshiba Hard Drive
« on: July 17, 2008, 08:06:18 pm »
I have put a Toshiba (80 Gig) hard drive into my DMS and started the PhatHack DMS Tools v2.12. The Disk is recognisable as a USB Disk (H:\) but when I click on the "DMS Tools Mode" the "Create New DMS" as well as all the other options are greyed out. I can format the drive, using disk management and copy files to the drive. It appears that the drive works in the cradle, but I can not create the new DMS. The disk came from my Sony laptop and I wondered if there may be a hidden partition which may be causing a problem. Any Ideas?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:07:55 pm by illingworth22 »

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: PhatHack DMS Tools and a Toshiba Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 06:35:37 am »
Take a look in My Documents\PhatHack Media Manager\Logs.  Delete any text files in there.  Re-run the tools, click on 'DMS Tools mode' wait until the screen re-paints properly and then shut down the tools.

Then please send me a copy of Startup_Sequence.txt.

I suspect in order to resolve the problem, simply delete all partitions off the disk... and then re-start the tools.  But please do the above first so I can take a look at why the tools didn't see this as an available USB disk.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline illingworth22

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: PhatHack DMS Tools and a Toshiba Hard Drive
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 11:57:31 am »
Is there a way to reveal the partitions (i.e. un hide them) as I can't seem to see any partitions on this disk?