Author Topic: VorTechS is the best....  (Read 6648 times)

Offline mthecatlover

VorTechS is the best....
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:30:18 pm »
Hi VorTechS

I'm very pleased with your site and your kind help. :)
Have put an 120gb disc in my box and it is much faster then my old 10gb dms original phatnoise.
Hacked the KHD-C910, and in my opinion it sounds better than the Kenwood Music Keg KHD-C710.
Is this because the dac of the 910 is better than the 710?
I sure can hear the difference. Because I'm an audioholic.
Also asked you about the SSA/VOIT, installed them by creating a new disc, but how can I hear things on my radio?
The only thing I hear is the voice of a woman announcing the album thats it. Also I have nothing to choose on my HU.
On PMM I can choose between ATT DTNV 1.2 Mike and Crystal and microsoft Sam.
Downloaded the SSA Language plugin from Phatnoise.org. Not installed yet....
You mentioned: Extract the zipfile in PHTSYS/plugins in the original folder and delete plugins.dat.
Have a PHTSYS/plugins folder but no plugins.dat to delete.
How I gonna do things to get the voice announcement on my disc?
By the way, Is the HU anyway important? Have the Kenwood KDC-PSW9527.
Or should I gonna use the Phatvoice software?
Little bit confused about things but I know you have the answer for me......
Glad to hear from you

Marc
kdc-psw9527 khd-cx910 120gb
kdc-x869 khd-c710  120gb

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: VorTechS is the best....
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 06:23:19 am »
Marc,

SSA/VIOT can be accessed from most Kenwood HUs by pressing the 'Scan' button.  Press once to activate VIOT and then again to switch between Album/Artist/Genre modes.  Generating the voice prompts for the head unit to announce is done by your software tool of choice, be it PhatNoise Music/Media Manager, PhatMAC,  PhatVoice or PhatHack Media Manager.

For the Language plugin, you only need to delete the .dat file if it is present.  If it is not, then don't worry about deleting it! ;)

As for me being the best, it is more PhatHack and the great work other people have put in before me! ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline mthecatlover

Re: VorTechS is the best....
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 08:19:20 am »
Also thumbs up for Phathack and the other people who cares about the phatbox!!!!! :)
I am going to experiment somethings about the SSA plugins, and let you know if it is going to work.
Thanks,

Marc
kdc-psw9527 khd-cx910 120gb
kdc-x869 khd-c710  120gb