Author Topic: SSA died  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Radioactive_Toy

SSA died
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:27:06 am »
Hey all,

Ive had my Keg for about 3 years now give or take and its worked flawlessly.. Recently my deck in my car died and i had to replace it.. After I got the new deck, I got the new PMM software with it and installed that.. since then my SSA does not work.. All the scan button does is scan within the disc, wont skip from artist to album, etc.  Ive been trying to get in touch with phatnoise support about this for about a week, and ive only got 1 response that told me to get the 3.92 PMM software (which i had). 
When i try to get into the firmware/plugins I get an error "Plugin installation failed! Please reinstall Plugin". When i attempt to re-install the plugin, i get an error: Firmware Incompatible: Can not install PlugIn.  Nothing else has changed with my Keg or anything, the only thing that was changed is the new deck in the car.   Anyone know how to get the SSA to start working again another way without waiting for Phatnoise to respond with worthless info?

Thanks in advance.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: SSA died
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 06:40:24 am »
Firstly, I assume the replacement deck was a Kenwood unit [you neglect to say].
If so what model is the new unit?

Assuming you are using a Kenwood unit, go into PhatNoise Media Manager 3.92, and:

1. Go to Tools/Options
2. Click on 'Firmware / Plugins' in the list on the left side
3. Click on 'Update Firmware'
4. Click on Next
5. Click on 'Check for updates on PhatNoise website'
6. Choose 'Kenwood Brand Stereos'
7. Click on 'Next'
8. Complete the wizard.

This will ensure that your firmware is the correct one, and bang up-to-date.
Eject the DMS from PMM 3.92 and then stick the it back in the PhatBox, and make sure it loads up okay.

Then, follow these instructions on loading SSA/VIOT:

http://wiki.phathack.com/VIOT

Note: If you have used the Hack to create a custom DMS and are adding SSA to that DMS, only perform steps 4 and 5
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 09:32:25 am »
The Plugin is tied to the "Uniqueid" if your PhatBox -- but if you haven't changed that it should work... try deleting PHTSYS\Plugins\plugins.dat then putting it in again... it will attempt to install the plugins then

If that still doesn't work come find me on irc at irc.freenode.net #phathack and I'll help you get it working... 

Offline Radioactive_Toy

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:52:40 am »
Hey all,

Sorry, was gone to Vegas for a few days, so I didnt get a chance to reply to this..

Yes, the new Stero that I installed is also  Kenwood unit. It is a KDC-MP928 deck.

I already had a working VOIT code, and I tried to use it again to re-install, but it keeps giving me an error on that.
The firmware is up to day. 13.01. It was one of the first things that I checked when it stopped working.

I know that the plugin is set to 1 phatbox per code. I tried to remove the plugin.dat file and reinstall, but that seems to not want to work either.  I am in the irc chat right now trying to get ahold of you sbingner..  I would rather not have to put down 75$ for a plug that I had working before..

Offline Radioactive_Toy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 08:23:23 am »
sbingner,

Thanks so much for your help, everything is up and working again with the VIOT plug in. I appriciate all your help with gettng everything working again.    :o