Author Topic: Ease of use...  (Read 6463 times)

Offline Tr|b

Ease of use...
« on: February 11, 2008, 05:19:14 pm »
I've got an 80GB DMS.  2002 Audi A6 Avant, Bose Premium.  It works fine.  I like using the playlist function (#2 on my head unit).  This way I can hear what album I want to play.  The big issue is that I have 200GB of music.  I have folders in folders etc.  I don't have my music separated by genre, just artist.  So, for example... I have a folder called Smashing Pumpkins and there are some 40 folders (albums).  If I drag the whole folder to the DMS, I get 325 songs in the folder called Smashing Pumpkins, not the individual albums.  It's pissing me off.  Isn't there an easy way to drag and drop?  OH, PMM 2.35, Windows XP Pro.

Also, I have the new PhatVoice thingee.  Do I have to run it every time I sync the DMS or does it work automatically?  Currently, I sync my DMS and the voice works.  Not great mind you but works.  She's a little rough.  AND, I look forward to hearing some fresh voice with better fluidity.

Those are my two issues. 
A: I want an easy way to grab my music, drag it to the DMS, sync the DMS and go. 
B: Does the PhatVoice work automatically after initial install?

Thanks very much.  I look forward to your replies.

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
Re: Ease of use...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:39:45 pm »
#4 on your head unit is the Album Function, for listenint to music by album... #3 is the Artist function. you can choose to have PMM keep albums grouped alphabetically by artist.  which is nice when browsing through your albums...

Think of the playlist function like a mix tape...

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 10:35:39 pm »
Also, I have the new PhatVoice thingee.  Do I have to run it every time I sync the DMS or does it work automatically?  Currently, I sync my DMS and the voice works.  Not great mind you but works.  She's a little rough.  AND, I look forward to hearing some fresh voice with better fluidity.

You need to run PhatVoice each time you add music to the DMS. Also, make sure that you either check the "Always replace output files" or delete all the .wav files in \\phtdta\tts. By default, PhatVoice won't replace a file that already exists.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:09:04 pm »
A: I want an easy way to grab my music, drag it to the DMS, sync the DMS and go. 

It might be worth trying a later version of PMM, such as 3.92.  Alternatively I've just added a feature into PhatHack Media Manager that allows you to drop files onto the DMS directly through explorer, it will then build everything the PhatBox needs to generate the files. 

It's probably not quite what you are looking for, because it's wiping the existing albums first...I guess I should look at having it not wipe the albums and append where necessary.  In fact I'll do that next version...
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)