Author Topic: Keys  (Read 9905 times)

Offline sulaco

• A few posts under my belt.
Keys
« on: March 11, 2005, 11:40:12 am »
Using plsign to generate a sig for rc.sh failed, the phatbox went into its loop.

That means there ARE two keys. Like I said in the other posts, I believe they are these two files:

pkeys2.e
pkeysa.e

Like A543 suggested, im going to try and remove one of these and duplicate the other, so both keys are the same. If I get them the right way round, and sign the system files with plsign, hopefully the phatbox will use the playlist key for the system files.

I guess the sig files for the above key files probably contain references to the filenames so they are gonna need modifying with a hex editor or something like that.

Ill try it tonight and let you guys know what I find.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:41:19 am by sulaco »

Offline sulaco

Re: Keys
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:45:50 am »
In theory this should work, although if the system files key is also used for the actual drive checking, then it wont :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:46:03 am by sulaco »

Offline AndyMan

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 12:38:55 pm »
crazy suggestion... has anyone tried totally removing the sig file?

Offline sulaco

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 01:02:32 pm »
Worth a try, but I have to say im pretty impressed by the level of security they have put into the phatbox, it would be pretty embarrasing if removing the sig file worked :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 01:03:00 pm by sulaco »

Offline AndyMan

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 01:15:34 pm »
I'll be able to work on things my end this weekend (not been able to yet due to building going on at home)

Offline sulaco

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 01:17:53 pm »
looking at strings plsign, there is mention to rsaref.h, so I presume RSA is used.

Also pkeys2.h is mentioned, so pkeys2.e might be the playlist key, with pkeysa.e as the system file key.