Author Topic: New Forum Software and Features  (Read 14967 times)

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
New Forum Software and Features
« on: January 27, 2007, 10:52:03 pm »
We've switched over to Simple Machines forum software as you've likely noticed.

There are several new features I am excited about.. like the "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" options...

Also you can go into your profile and select the option for layout properties and select from several themes to find one you prefer.

old posts with links back to threads using the old forum software will cause a redirect to the search feature looking for the thread title of the linked thread in the old forums.  Just click the link found in the search box and it will take you to the correct thread.  Maybe not the exact post in that thread but you'll be in the right general area.

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: New Forum Software and Features
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:24:46 pm »
Who in the heck assigned the avatars under the new forum software? When I logged in just now I was confronted with some chick massaging her chest, which is certainly not (a) anything I picked and (b) worksafe at my office.

Quite a shock, and took way to long to figure out how to get rid of it when the boss could walk by at any time.

Just an FYI - better to leave the default blank than try to make it amusing. You never know what the real consequences of "a little humor" can be for people.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:01:08 pm »
It should have been set to whatever your avatar was to begin with on the old database, or left blank..

Sorry if you had something weird happen but I don't believe that Sam or I made any specific changes to the avatars for any users or made a default either. 

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:51:08 pm »
LOL, I have NO idea how that happened... but I had assigned that as my avatar for a moment to see what it looked like then switched it to what it is now...  I hope I didn't somehow edit your profile by mistake; I had been assigning you to a specific member group around the same time...  if so, I apologize.

NOTE: if anybody's curious about the avatar, you can view it at http://www.bingner.com/boobies.gif -- according to SteveC, this may not be work safe ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:14:45 pm by sbingner »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 10:16:27 pm »
woah, those are most assuredly boobies in that pic..  Also that girl I'd swear was in a flash animation where you could make her pull her shirt up and down a few years back.. it was funny and more entertainment than it should have been.

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 02:40:29 pm »
Well, no harm done - just a bit of a shock to pull that up unexpectedly at work.  :o

Offline Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Needs to get outside.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 10:12:14 pm »
Geez.  I hand things off to you guys and next thing you know people are looking at boobies at work!  :D

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 03:37:51 am »
I could think of worse things.... *grin*

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 09:24:35 pm »