Author Topic: HELP. Cannot reinstall and use upgrade key again  (Read 9144 times)

Offline 78fj40

HELP. Cannot reinstall and use upgrade key again
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:52:08 pm »
Hello all,

Trying to re-install the Media Manager and keep getting invalid activation code errors.  I first installed Music Manager from the CD that came with my Phatbox, then I Installed the latest version of PMM v3.92 from the website.  It will not allow me to install the activation code I purchased a year ago.  Does anyone else have this problem and can I get some help fixing it.  I submitted a email to their customer support, but I don't think anyone is home. 

Thanks

Offline 78fj40

Re: HELP. Cannot reinstall and use upgrade key again
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 10:10:06 pm »
Cool found this fix:

http://wiki.phathack.com/PMM_Registration

Hopefully it works....

Great

Offline 78fj40

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:30:23 pm »
Nope still does not work.  I tried rebooting, reinstalling...I'm about to pull out my hair. 

Dammit all I want is for the Gracenote CDDB to work......it's what I paid the $20 for back when I bought the phatbox in the first place.....

grrrrrrr.....

Offline chuckzone

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 04:41:26 am »
I had the same problem, phatnoise tech support can help you out. (although it took me three emails over about two months...)

Offline 78fj40

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 06:10:04 pm »
Anyone?  Please help.....two weeks and several emails to Phanoise with no reply.....

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 09:15:05 pm »
Activation is for the features you have to pay for right?  Registration is when you install it..

The activation code I believe is checked against their servers and if they don't have the systems online then it wont work.  I don't know if anyone has found a hack to activate the product.  Sorry. :(

Worse yet, since it is a pay for product I don't think we would really talk about it here because unlike hacking the DMS for any drive size I think we'd be enabling people to steal the product which is not cool

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 09:25:39 pm »
hey jud,

What is actually going on over at Phatnoise? Are they still making products? Are they working on improving anything? Does anyone know?
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 09:35:26 pm »
I haven't heard a peep out of them since shortly after the HK buyout... a few of the phatnoise folks used to visit this forum but last time I checked (right after we did the board switch over) they had not visited the site so they may not be around anymore.

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 12:03:28 am »
Does anyone know if they are doing anything with the Phatbox? I know that they have a product in some GM cars but I'm sure it's not doing well.

If the Phatnoise division goes out of business (if you even call them one) could it be possible we could get the firmware release so we could advance it?
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Offline 78fj40

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 12:58:16 am »
Activation is for the features you have to pay for right?  Registration is when you install it..

The activation code I believe is checked against their servers and if they don't have the systems online then it wont work.  I don't know if anyone has found a hack to activate the product.  Sorry. :(

Worse yet, since it is a pay for product I don't think we would really talk about it here because unlike hacking the DMS for any drive size I think we'd be enabling people to steal the product which is not cool

It's not like I'm trying to steal anything.  I paid money to activate (to get the plus features).  The email says that I could use the same code to reinstall the product.  That is all I'm doing.  I paid a lot of money (which I'm sure most of us did) If they are no longer going to support it, then what recourse do we have? 

I just hope none of you guys have a hard drive failure any time soon....

Just venting my frustrations.  I really like using the product. 

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 03:41:52 am »
I wasn't accusing, i was just saying that it could be risky for the forums *IF* someone did figure out a way to bypass it and posted it because people who didn't could use it to run something they dont own.

I think phatnoise's support has been in the toilet for a long time now and I really hope they don't go to the abandonware area where we have to hack everything to make it work but it could turn out like that.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 06:10:21 am »
I had that happen to me and when I emailed phatnoise they re-enabled my key... if they're not responding it sucks... but I'm not ready to try to bypass it