Author Topic: phatnoise compatability???  (Read 5971 times)

Offline random

phatnoise compatability???
« on: March 02, 2007, 03:57:11 am »
so this is my last hope after being sent in circles for weeks.i have a phatnoise which i purchased roughly about 2 years ago and when i purchased it i specifically asked if it was compatible with after market stereos as i am a big stereo guy.i was told yes by the dealership.as long as the aftermarket stereo had aux. or multi cd changer capabilities.i now have and alpine head unit ( iva-w200 ) and have had no luck finding any body that can help me,yet alone any one who has hooked up a phatnoise to an after market deck.so i was given this site being told it was my best last chance.i love my phatnoise and do not want to give it up,can any one help? :'(

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: phatnoise compatability???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 04:34:43 am »
You can get a kenwood FM modulator and connect it to the alpine using an alpine AUX input (RCA) ai-net adaptor, don't have the KCA number off the top of my head.

Kenwood and Sony are the only stereos that are aftermarket that I can think of that support phatnoise boxes.  Well and the old TrafficPro heads from Becker.

Offline random

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 05:30:54 am »
wow thanks,thats the first solid answer i've got.do you know of any one that has done this?i mean with this info any decent stereo shop should be able to carry this out right?these are not rare parts extreme steps to come by?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 06:40:54 am »
I looked loads into the Kenwood range before I bought my Keg, particularly the modulators as I wasn't originally planning to replace my head unit.

You want the KCA-R71FM, the product spec. is here:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=19&k3=58&pr=1603
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 02:42:51 pm »
I have one of these still in the box somewhere in my attic I think.  I might be interested in selling it.
I bought two of them at the same time just in case but I ended up switching back to kenwood head units from alpine not long after we hacked the Keg code and I didn't like the idea of the second controller on my dash to manage the keg.

a shop should be able to do the install pretty easy.  the alpine ai-net aux input adaptor will likely cost you 50 to 150 depending on which one you get.