Author Topic: Audi Phatbox won't play AAC files  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Maxhawk

Audi Phatbox won't play AAC files
« on: March 11, 2007, 10:31:46 pm »
I recently updated to PMM 3.92 Plus so I could use AAC files.  They play fine in PMM but when I try to play it in the car, I get the error "Need AAC Decoder". 

During the upgrade I loaded the new firmware onto the DMS.  I made sure that the file 'forcexxx' was on the drive and that it was deleted after the upgrade.  But I continue to get the "Need AAC Decoder" voice prompt when trying to play an AAC file.  When I go to Firmware Properies, it says that it's version 6.00.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to say 7.02 also?

MPEG works fine.  Ideas?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Audi Phatbox won't play AAC files
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 11:56:54 pm »
aac requires a plugin to be installed.. you get the plugin via PMM.. you should have gotten an email with an AAC plugin activation code when you bought the enhanced version of PMM.

Offline Maxhawk

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:17:51 am »
I entered the code for PMM already, and when I try to enter it again, it says "already activated".  I tried the same code for the plugin and it says invalid code.  Does the plugin require a different code?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 02:07:15 am »
There is a separate place to put in plugin codes and it should come with an aac code specifically.

Did you pay for the upgraded features that include the aac plugin?