Author Topic: PhatDB win32 release  (Read 15417 times)

Offline davec

• PhatHacker
PhatDB win32 release
« on: March 17, 2007, 12:34:23 pm »
Hi All,

I've made a new release at sourceforge. This release includes a binary download for windows users. The windows release includes the phatdb executable and static and dynamic libraries and header files for developers.

I have no idea how to use these libs/headers in a MS environment, but I don't imagine its too hard.

Enjoy,

Dave

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: PhatDB win32 release
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:02:20 pm »
Thanks Dave!

I'll do some investigation work, see if I can get it running.

Just so that I know, does this allow me to directly interface with the database/create sig files - or does it just simply zap through the DMS and patch things up?

Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline strictly_biz

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:43:25 pm »
unable to run win32 exe

says I am missing libeay32.dll

when I download that dll into the directory it comlpained about, The procedure entry point BIO_new_mem_buf could not be located in the dynamic link library libeay32.dll

Offline davec

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 11:38:46 am »
strictly_biz:
That doesn't sounds good!
Looks like I'll have to test the win32 release a bit more. It worked on my system, but obviously I had the required dll's lying around somewhere...
You may find it will work if you install this openssl package:
http://www.slproweb.com/download/Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8e.exe
That is the one I used when building it.

VorTechS:
The library API is very simple, have a look in phatlib.h.
You basically create a new "phatdb" handle, add songs to it, prepare it (does sorting etc), write it to a file, then sign the file. The library itself does NOT do any file searching, scanning etc, your app must do that and just calls "phatdb_add_track" for each track.

On the other hand, phatdb (the executable) can scan a whole filesystem and adds everything it finds based on id3tags (it only finds .mp3 files atm).

Hope this helps.

Offline strictly_biz

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:57:32 pm »
dave

I recently "upgraded" from MSVisual Studio 2003 to MSVisual2005

After doing so, a dll I distribute would not work on many peoples machines, while working on mine.

Simply going back to MSVisual03 fixed the problem for me. The other way to fix it had to do with changing manifest information.

Maybe that's the problem? I dont think you are not using visual studio, but maybe a MS c++ compiler?

you can read about the issue here http://www.ddj.com/dept/windows/184406482

Offline davec

• PhatHacker
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 12:01:17 pm »
Hi,

As I suspected, openssl was not being statically compiled at all. I have confirmed that phatdb win32 release does work on a vanilla winxp system AFTER you install this openssl package:

http://www.slproweb.com/download/Win32OpenSSL_Light-0_9_8e.exe

Hope that helps,

Dave

strictly_biz: I am cross-compiling under Ubuntu linux using "mingw" (a gcc compiler for win32). The binaries/dlls should be fine and not depend on any MS stuff.