Author Topic: Help with Keg and 2005 Tahoe factory radio.  (Read 5797 times)

Offline mrjingles

Help with Keg and 2005 Tahoe factory radio.
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:59:47 pm »
Please help!! I have the CX910 Keg with an 80 gig cartridge and am trying to hook it up to my factory radio.  The specs are as such: 2005 Tahoe 6-disc factory radio w/Bose premium system, OnStar (not using), XM (not using) and factory dvd player in rear.  There is also separate radio and temp controls in the rear. The dvd can play through the Bose system, but I do not intend to use that feature since I have the wireless headphones.  I really miss my Keg and have already tried the P.I.E. GM12/PC-KNNSR adapter and it would not work.  I found out that if you replace the head unit for aftermarket you will lose some functions like the steering wheel controls, OnStar,dvd sound through speakers and chimes.  There are adapters that can take care of the steering wheel, OnStar and most of the chimes.  I really would like to keep the factory head unit if possible.  Someone please give me some advice! Thanks in advance

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Help with Keg and 2005 Tahoe factory radio.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 04:18:56 am »
You should talk to pie.. it says it works for your car... "2002-2006 GMC/CHEVROLET/PONTIAC TO KENWOOD PROTOCOL (CLASS-2 RADIOS)"

That's really your best bet...

Offline mrjingles

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 11:11:08 pm »
Already tried it and no go.  They even said that they weren't sure if it would work properly.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 01:00:43 am »
You might have to get the kenwood FM adaptor then... it injects the signal into the antenna feed right before your radio so the quality loss isn't really bad