Author Topic: TOC Error...  (Read 14236 times)

Offline fraktal

TOC Error...
« on: June 19, 2007, 08:38:57 pm »
Hi everyone...first post so be nice  :P

I have tried using the many and varied versions of PN Music Manager and PN Media Manager to burn mCD/ACDrive CDs. My Kenwood head unit won't play them.

Music manager doesn't find my CD drive...and Media Manager burns the CDs OK, but then the head unit churns for a while and then says "TOC ERROR". I've tried the CD version of media manager and the web version, on two different computers, all to no avail.

The head unit will play the ACDrive CD that came with the head unit. It's a KDC-W8534 with ACDrive firmware version 1.23.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: TOC Error...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 09:16:33 pm »
What kind of burner?  what firmware in the burner?  have you tried burning non ACDrive discs with mp3s on them in the same burner but using other software?  Does your head unit read those?

Offline fraktal

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:27:20 am »
The drive is a Samsung SM-352B. I have no idea what the firmware is, but it uses regular windows drivers (5.1.2535.0, apparently) so I would have thought that the CDs would burn fine..I've never had any compatibility problems before.

Burning a regular data disc with MP3s on will play on it fine...

Any ideas?  :-\

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:13 pm »
hmm...

what ASPI version do you have installed on your box?  You may have an ASPI issue.

In the PMM folder there should be a sub folder called ASPI
in there you'll find a file called aspichk.

Run it.

Tell me the version installed and if all 4 file are installed or not.  or you could just go to adaptec's website and download the latest version and install it and reboot and try again.

Offline fraktal

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 05:06:11 pm »
Interesting... :

ASPI32.SYS          4.71.2
WOWPOST.EXE         Not Installed
WINASPI.DLL         Not Installed
WNASPI32.DLL        4.71.2

...so it does appear to be an ASPI issue. I'll reinstall it and report back...

thanks for the response.

//edit

Right, I burnt a CD and tried it...it works! Brilliant! I can't tell you how grateful I am. Thanks very much!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:00:22 pm by fraktal »