Author Topic: grrr ... GCC  (Read 5753 times)

Offline bushing

• Needs to get outside.
  • props to my peeps
grrr ... GCC
« on: June 12, 2005, 02:23:12 am »
For those of you following at home:

I finally bit the bullet and made a dozen trips between my 4th-floor apartment and my car, because I could use the exercise.  I've finally gotten scripts to run on my phatbox (ie like several of the rest of you...)

If I had paid more attention to judb's kernel oops messages, I would have noticed something odd ... the part where the program dies is in malloc, when the program starts up, before it actually does anything.  That's why there's no output.

I think it might be because I didn't explicitly compile glibc / readrom with -mcpu=arm7tdmi -- which I think is as close as we're going to get.  At least I hope so ... it will take another hour or two for me to recompile gcc + glibc.

*sigh*

But the good news is that it wasn't the fact we're using mmap.

Ben

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: grrr ... GCC
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 04:25:13 am »
if you want me to test some stuff out I can do it in a few seconds without have to walk anywhere.. just let me know ... :) thanks for reading my posts at least a little hehe

Offline bushing

• Needs to get outside.
  • props to my peeps
Re: grrr ... GCC
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 11:06:02 am »
if you want me to test some stuff out I can do it in a few seconds without have to walk anywhere.. just let me know ... :) thanks for reading my posts at least a little hehe

;)

Well, it seems like I can't get anything compiled to work to save my life, even.  Sigh.   anyone have any better luck?

In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can patch some stuff to dump output... ugh.

-b