Author Topic: Wanted: Mazda Phatbox Shell, or selling Mazda Phatbox install kit  (Read 5424 times)

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
Just bought a Mazda 6, and got the Phatbox install kit to mount my existing Phatbox LE (original "finned" casing") - I thought I could "make it work". Seeing the bracket, there's no way this will work for me. So I either need to migrate my LE into a Mazda phatbox case or fabricate my own bracket.

Since I doubt I will find a Mazda case, anyone in the Virginia area need a Mazda install kit? Comes with the bracket, cable and fasteners. Lists for $45 at the dealer, I'll let it go for $30.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Wanted: Mazda Phatbox Shell, or selling Mazda Phatbox install kit
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:32:09 am »
I think Mazda requires a specific phatbox also... wasn't it ford, mazda, and something else that required a newer/specialized phatbox?

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 01:42:47 am »
I think Mazda requires a specific phatbox also... wasn't it ford, mazda, and something else that required a newer/specialized phatbox?

No, I'm pretty sure that Mazdas can use the standard box. The Visteon Phatbox has pretty much been phased out of use, as far as I can tell. I've seen lots of posts from people using VW boxes in Mazdas.

Anyway, I've replaced the headunit and have it hooked up to my Kenwood. I just needed the bracket from the kit (I thought), and was going to make the cable available to someone who needs it.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 04:54:14 am »
its the Toyota or Honda models and the associated luxury brands I believe that need the newer hardware rev to work.

Offline fmzip

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:26:55 pm »
I will buy the cable from you.....email me at fmzip  yahoo.com