Author Topic: Kenwood Music keg and kenwood deck features (need clarification)  (Read 6357 times)

Offline neo82

I was reading some posts, and found that... I might not know of some features that might be available to me.  I purchased a music keg from bestbuy back in 2002 for 500 dollars.  (i've always used kenwood head units and was stoked at the idea behind it).  So i installed it, purchased additional music kegs over the years but only used it as I know it.  Disc up/down/ track forward/back when browsing by "PLY" (playlist i assume).  I've read a couple of posts that make it look like, i have OTHER browsing options....I can browse by genre, or artist? Is this true? if it is, I've never read/seen/heard anything about it, how would I access this feature through my current setup?  (excelon x990 headunit).  Any ideas anyone?  thanks for reading and in advance  :D

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Kenwood Music keg and kenwood deck features (need clarification)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:27:44 am »
Voice Index On Tap is the plugin name ... its a feature you can add to the keg to enable SSA modes on a keg.

Offline neo82

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:07:13 am »
Ah, which i assume is something like this:
http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,896.0.html

the voice indexing I'm definately not interested in, but the browsing by artist...etc.. I am.  This is the only way to get those features is to buy the serial number and install? (not particularly looking forward to installation in vista..heh)  :)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:25:07 am »
You can enable it ... see http://wiki.phathack.com/VIOT at the bottom there's a way to enable SSA...

Offline neo82

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:26:58 am »
you know i was looking RIGHT AT that page, and didn't put 2 + 2 together (which is 6 btw....  :D)

thanks for the help  ;D