Author Topic: BOOT*-X: Failed  (Read 4529 times)

Offline winker

BOOT*-X: Failed
« on: August 04, 2007, 05:45:37 am »
Hi everyone, I'm new on the phathack scene, and have hit a little snag.

Got my phat box (Kenwood Keg) yesterday, set it up in the car, and inserted the DMS. Was greeted and then allowed to listed to some Audible Books (enough of that). I then came across these forums and thought I'll have ago at that, long story short....

1. I did the backup dms from command prompt, and copied the produced phtsys.tar.gz file to a couple of locations.
2. I then ran the DMSHack.bat from the command prompt, all seemed OK.
3. Put the DMS into the box, and left it running.
4. No announcement after 10 Minutes, so removed the DMS

Heres the rub, the log directory on the DMS contains no files, and the

boottload.log

Code: [Select]
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  BOOT0-0: OK
BOOT0-1: OK
BOOT0: Successful
BOOT9: Successful
BOOTB: Successful
BOOTF: Successful
BOOT*-X: Failed

My head unit now only indicates AUX EXT (it used to say CD CHG)

This all started about 20:30 last night (I gave up at 00:30, and went to bed).

Since the fail I tried the above procedure again, same result
I tried patchclean.bat, to get me back to a Running Phat box, no joy.
I tried running the media manager and selecting the firmware upgrade, to try and get out of this situation. Again just flashing green light for about 5 minutes power down, and repeates the cycle again for 5 minutes , etc..etc.

Now I don't know what state my original DMS is in. I extracted the contents of the phtsys backup and overwrote the DMS with it, but still my head unit says AUX EXT, and the Keg just keeps rebooting.

I have searched for the No Log Files, but does not seem to return what I need (or I'm missing it).

Where do I go from here (just getting it back to standard would be a nice start)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: BOOT*-X: Failed
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 08:19:34 am »
Send me your e-mail address, and I'll send you the new hack tools we are working on, with some instructions.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline winker

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 08:28:44 am »
Thanks for the offer, you have mail....

Offline winker

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 11:57:40 am »
I sorted it.

1. Deleted all files of PHTSYS and copied over the backup files I made according to the wiki instructions.
2. Ran PMM and cleared the data (delete all music).
3. Ran DMSHack again, but it refused to recognise a Phat drive was connected, until I added an album to it using PMM.
4. Corrupted the ramdisk.sig file (wrote aaaa to the start of it using notepad).
5. Put into PhatBox (Keg) and turned on ignition, BUT ONLY TO POSITION I (CAR NOT STARTED)....I THINK THIS WAS MY PROBLEM. I left it like this for 40 minutes, with the green LED flashing about once every three seconds, and the head unit saying AUX EXT. Exactly the same as other attempts. At this point I needed to pop out in the car, so left box connected and started the engine. Instantly the headunit changed to Load (or something), and twenty seconds later I could hear music.

SO MINE WORKED ONCE THE CAR WAS ACTUALY RUNNING.

Since then I have created a 20gb DMS and proven its operation, so I am now a happy bunny.