Author Topic: Install AAC Plugin In Music KEg  (Read 6485 times)

Offline galileofigaro

• A few posts under my belt.
Install AAC Plugin In Music KEg
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:51:24 pm »
Hello, tonight i buy a AAC Plugin, well I put the activation code in the Media Manager and say me that de firmware not is compatible, but if i put the code in the Music Manager, the plugin is copy in the DMS if any problem, now how work the plugin? because my music keg 710 read the tracks, show the labels in the screen but canīt play the tracks, why?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Install AAC Plugin In Music KEg
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 05:58:33 am »
If the plugin activation failed, then the plugin is not authorised to run and so that AAC tracks will not play.  The Head Unit text (generally) is being read from a text file and does not require any special authorisation to be displayed.
If you have a Kenwood Keg 710, then the first task would be to make sure the firmware is the latest 13.01.

Use PhatNoise Media Manager to confirm this, and get the latest version of the firmware anyway - regardless of the fact that you might already have the latest version.

Once you've done that, re-try installing the plugin/performing activation and this time it might just work.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline galileofigaro

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Install AAC Plugin In Music KEg
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 06:35:33 am »
i had the lastest firmware version since a lot of time, sorry for not saied in the first post. all the problem wrote is with the last firmware 13.01 and the last version or media manager 3.92 and music manager 2.30
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:59:36 pm by galileofigaro »