Author Topic: PhatHack ISD USB 1.1 Cradle Drivers  (Read 17387 times)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
PhatHack ISD USB 1.1 Cradle Drivers
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:04:42 am »
If you think you need to do a double-take on the subject, then please do so now.

I've been doing a bit of digging around the interweb and found out that the cradle drivers supplied for the USB 1.1 versions of the cradle were produced by a company called In-Systems Design who used technology from Cypress Semiconductor. 

I'm sure lots of the hardware people here knew that already.  Anyway, I decided to take a look at Cypress and found that they last released drivers for their chipsets in August 2003.  The last available driver update from PhatNoise for the cradle contained drivers from 2001 so therefore we can assume there are two years worth of bugs/improvements that we might be missing.

Further investigation, revealed how to create the relevant windows driver INF files for the new drivers and so, I've gone ahead and done just that - only, I've gone and done it so that it appears under the PhatHack banner :)

This post, and the drivers ARE GENUINE!  Sbingner has tested it out for me (I don't have a USB 1.1 cradle available to test with at the moment) and has confirmed the drivers appear to work [the DMS contents could be read from explorer].

If you are re-installing your machine then you might consider using these drivers.

If anyone is feeling brave enough to update drivers to these new ones, then the recommendation from Cypress is that existing drivers be removed first.  However you should be able to use 'Device Manager' to update the drivers.  To do this locate and select 'USB Mass Storage Device' and go to the properties tab, and choose update driver (manually selecting the location of the downloaded file).

These drivers are NOT x64 compliant, if someone fancies hacking the INF file for x64 then feel free to do so.  [I may myself one day].

Hopefully these prove to be a useful addition to the PhatHack community!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:19:26 am by VorTechS »
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: PhatHack ISD USB 1.1 Cradle Drivers
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 09:14:42 am »
teach him to trust my testing....

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:18:47 am »
I did tell you to un-install the old version first!

I've managed now to get the drivers to install - but they don't work as you get the message 'Device cannot start'.
I'll do a bit more digging around, and then probably give up.

It was a nice idea though!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 12:52:50 pm »
Okay, not the latest and greatest version released by the chipset manufacturer, but they are newer than the PhatNoise ones and actually work!  (I now have my old KHD-USB1 cradle attached to my machine)

They can be download here:

http://downloads.phathack.com/vortechs/PhatHack USB 1.1 Cradle Drivers.zip

A very basic installation and driver upgrade document is available here:

http://downloads.phathack.com/vortechs/PhatHack USB Device Drivers.doc

EDIT: fixed your URLs - spaces are bad
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 07:31:53 pm by sbingner »

Offline blackbird

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:17:04 pm »
HI

I cant get the 1.1 usb driver to down load can anyone help

Many Thanks

Richard

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 06:19:47 am »
Hmm, not sure what's happening there, but you are right that link in the post isn't working.  Browse here:

http://downloads.phathack.com/vortechs/

...and the file does download.

Offline blackbird

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 07:35:45 am »
Hi

Many Thanks have a vitual pint or 2

Richard

8)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 07:49:57 am »
Thanks, never too early for a swift one... ;)

Offline tieflyer_brewing

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 01:25:48 pm »
Anyway, anyhow to get these drivers running under windows 7 64 bit?