Author Topic: DMS Hacking Forum Etiquette  (Read 19062 times)

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
DMS Hacking Forum Etiquette
« on: June 17, 2005, 05:23:49 pm »
First let me say that ALL ideas and suggetions are a welcome and they are good (although some of us, including me might not respond that way right away)

I would like to lay out some suggestions for how to work in this forum to try and keep us from having to wade through a bunch of the same stuff over and over.

Search is your friend.

Make sure when you use the search feature in this forum you change the search dates to go back to early March 2005 so you get all the posts.  You might also want to bump up the number of search results returned over 25.  Searching on "Drive", "DMS", or "Disk" will likley return a LOT of posts over a LOT of subjects so try and narrow the search quite a bit.

Keep swearing out of your posts @#@^$!!! :)

Follow the site rules, Paul was kind enough to set this site up for us, lets keep him happy!

No obviously illegal files and if you have a question about a file either don't post it or contact Paul or Para or JudB about it before posting.  (via Private Messages)

WE DO NOT WANT TO GET SHUT DOWN FOR LINKS TO ILLEGAL / COPYRIGHTED DATA!!!!   

I can't stress that enough!!!

Sometimes Private Messages are the best place to have some forums of discussion, use your judgement...

Remember, anyone can contribute, and anyone could be the key to reaching our goal so don't be afraid to help!!

I have made myself available via Instant Messenger and email if anyone needs anything don't hesitate to ask.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:43:29 am by sbingner »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: DMS Hacking Forum Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 05:33:33 pm »
Lastly, if you choose not to search for something and I see the thread.. I will likley do the search for you and replace your post with a link to the data you should have found and close the thread.  or perhaps PM you the info and delete the thread.  

I don't want to be a jerk about it though so if I am let me know.  Thanks!

Offline bushing

• Needs to get outside.
  • props to my peeps
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 01:39:50 am »
I have created a wiki page that we can use to collect answers to, well, Frequently Asked Questions  -- the kind that a search should have answered.

Please check it out and edit / add to it as you see fit.

http://wiki.phathack.com/Why_don%27t_we_just...

-b

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 11:29:08 pm »
Or, to see the full list of FAQs http://wiki.phathack.com/Category:FAQ  -- search function there works as well