Author Topic: Patch proces on box not complete  (Read 13683 times)

Offline toophat

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Patch proces on box not complete
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 04:09:06 pm »
After looking extensively in the forum posts for making the right choice wich HD I had to take I choosed for a Western Digital WD1200BEVE, a 120Gb one. Good price, 65 Euro  :)
I've put the new drive inside (jumper settings are OK; no jumpers i.e. single drive) and after that I have activated the "Create NEW DMS" option from the Phat Hack DMS Tools for Windows v2.10.
When everything is downloaded and completed the messages from this tool says that my New DMS is ready to use, but.....
when I put the DMS again in the cradle (ofcourse I used the "disconnect Hardware button in the toolbar ;)) the PhatNoise Music Manager see an uninitalized drive and want to initalize it. But this is not functioning because there is no connection with their server.
The Partitions are normally recognized in Windows as also the HD itself (Western Digital USB Device)

What are the next steps; a look in the two partitions (phtsys and phtdta) let see that they are both totally empty, I think it's not normal.
Strange because I got no error messages from the PhatHack DMS Tool.

Big question, what do I have to do to make it working...

p.s.        I'm working with XP SP2, and the cradle is USB 2.0. The Phatnoise Music Manager is version 2.30

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 09:05:05 pm »
I'm glad you got going, as to the PMM error, that's not a big deal... I was thinking vortech's newest patch tool was writing an xml file that followed the phatnoise specs, but if not he's working on it.   In the mean time, you can copy the "CurrentSetup.xml" file from your old DMS to your new dms and you'll be good.

Be sure to load music on your DMS before you try to use it... otherwise you may think it doesn't work when it really does ;)

If you are incined to make a donation, please send it via paypal to sam@bingner.com or submit it via the PhatOS sourceforge page.   Submitting via sourceforge also contributes a portion of the donation to SourceForge.  If you do, please also include a name you would like credited for your nonation in the website.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 10:14:06 am »
I modified the XML file to be as of PhatNoise's specs... and it should be in effect now regardless of if you have v2.10 or v2.11 of the tools (2.11 not publicly available).
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline toophat

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 03:48:06 pm »
Hello everybody (and the people who give the support specially), the whole system is working now.  :) :) :)
The access to the DMS was not possible with Create New DMS (Partition Tables and so on). I think because of the the Virus software, so I disabled it.

The problem before (applying the hack on the Box itself) was solved with the Quickformat trick and putting at first the sig files on. As you, Sbinger mentioned before this was definitely the cause of the first problem. Maybe the box can't read the fragmented files and that the memory is full before the complete code is loaded.

Another point is that I have read in the Phatnoise manual that I can't load more than 9999 discs and total not more than 30000 songs, is that really true?

And about my other DMS' ,  a 60 Gig that belongs with the Phatnoise unit in my car. Ofcourse it's unpatched and original Phatnoise. What can I do with it. Can I use it normally, or shall I let the wizzard treat it as a new DMS (Create New DMS).
And what shall I do with the 20 Gig with the patch on it, store on a safe place?

Thanks for all the support, but now I'm busy to put music on it but that's really a crime with the "strange" Phatnoise PMM software....

Greetings from Holland and keep going with the good work.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 10:11:29 pm »
Hello everybody (and the people who give the support specially), the whole system is working now.  :) :) :)
The access to the DMS was not possible with Create New DMS (Partition Tables and so on). I think because of the the Virus software, so I disabled it.

The problem before (applying the hack on the Box itself) was solved with the Quickformat trick and putting at first the sig files on. As you, Sbinger mentioned before this was definitely the cause of the first problem. Maybe the box can't read the fragmented files and that the memory is full before the complete code is loaded.

Another point is that I have read in the Phatnoise manual that I can't load more than 9999 discs and total not more than 30000 songs, is that really true?

And about my other DMS' ,  a 60 Gig that belongs with the Phatnoise unit in my car. Ofcourse it's unpatched and original Phatnoise. What can I do with it. Can I use it normally, or shall I let the wizzard treat it as a new DMS (Create New DMS).
And what shall I do with the 20 Gig with the patch on it, store on a safe place?

Thanks for all the support, but now I'm busy to put music on it but that's really a crime with the "strange" Phatnoise PMM software....

Greetings from Holland and keep going with the good work.

You can use your 20GB and 60GB original DMS in any way you like -- just don't repartition them if you want to have the ability to use them on an unpatched box in the future.  I would probably just use them as spare DMS.  You can leave the patch on the 20GB, or use it as a spare.  If you don't expect any chance of ever using it to actually play music from. That could be a good option in case another box needs to have the patch applied in the future but remember that it will need to have a valid ramdisk.sig on it to apply the patches to a totally unpatched phatbox.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 07:31:44 am »
Or if you are going to partition the originals, use the Hack tools 'Create New DMS' feature which leaves the drive signature intact.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline toophat

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 11:41:07 am »
Thanx for all the explaining and technical answers on this wonderful forum. That helped everything!!
I have put a small donation so that this good work can continue.

grtz,         toophat