Author Topic: Bad DSM  (Read 4651 times)

Offline seanko04

Bad DSM
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:32 am »
Hi Im new to this whole thing. I not to long ago received a Phatnoise from someone and the DSM went bad. I went and bought a 40GB and made a whole new DSM with the Hack program from this site. But it wont work with my box because what I've read you need to hack the box. Is there a way to put the 1mb of program on the hard drive or is there anything I can do to get this to work? Thanks

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Bad DSM
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:00:47 pm »
The only way to get it to work (as I believe I have already told you through PhatNoise.org) is to buy, beg, borrow or steal another original DMS to apply the hack from someone near you.

Some people might even let you send them your PhatBox so that they can hack it for you - but you'll need to:

a) Ask
b) Mention which version of the PhatBox you have, and with which head unit you plan to use
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
Re: Bad DSM
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:19:21 pm »
and

c) let people know where you are based - makes it easier to offer direct help  ;)