Author Topic: 160 Gb DMS Drive Errors  (Read 5887 times)

Offline gmw

• PhatHacker
160 Gb DMS Drive Errors
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »
I installed a 160 Gb Western Digital drive in my Audi DMS and get the following errors in Media Manager:

"Cannot copy Alpha, cannot find the specified file" and "Couldn't save the SQL DB back to the DMS. Please clear disk space on the DMS and try again."

This is after using Hacktools to create a new DMS.  I get no errors when running Hacktools.  I get these same errors when I try to move music files to the DMS. Is there a fix for this?  This is my second attempt at creating a new larger DMS.  I first tried a 120 Gb Samsung drive and got a different error but I found that error discussed in the forums and the conclusion was that a WD drive would not have the same problem.  Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: 160 Gb DMS Drive Errors
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:17:56 pm »
Sounds to me like you could be having a hardware issue - do you have a spare cradle available?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline gmw

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:45:50 pm »
I do not have another cradle.  I notice that the green light flickered and looked like a normal drive activity light during formatting of the new drive, but now it is on constantly. PHTSYS shows up as Drive E: with 62.9MB total size and 53.9MB free space.  PHTDTA shows up as drive F: with 148GB free. I could perhaps connect the drive using an external USB case if that would be effective in testing. Thanks.

Offline gmw

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 12:17:29 am »
Now it seems to be working. I stopped the drive using the safely remove hardware icon then pulled out the DMS. I then started up media manager and then plugged in the DMS.  An autoplay search box came up and in the past I had been canceling that but this time I let it go.  Then the box from media manager came up with the locating DMS then I saw some initializing messages then everything looked normal.  I am now copying some files to it using media manager. Everything looks good. I will then have to test it in the car.  Maybe this was just a USB connection issue?  Thanks.