Author Topic: no profile.ini after creating new DMS  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Nixlimited

• A few posts under my belt.
no profile.ini after creating new DMS
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:33:05 pm »
So I got a new HD last night to create a new DMS. I ran the DMS Hack Tools (v2.10) and installed BMW 9.0 firmware. After this, I tried to plug into PMM, but I got a message about missing a "profile.ini" file. I got the same error trying to use phatMac. As best as I can tell, the two partitions on the drive were created correctly and there are files in both.

Offline Nixlimited

Re: no profile.ini after creating new DMS
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:44:06 pm »
I retried "Create DMS." Oddly, it said that "Firmware Update Completed Successfully," but nothing was on either partition of the disc when I checked. After that I "Updated Firmware" again and ran DMS doctor and it failed on finding Profiles.ini and finding E:/System or something like that.

Help!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:33:27 pm »
The Create New DMS process does not create anything in the data partition, and you are expected to use PhatNoise Media Manager which will then manage this.

In v12 of the tools (being worked on) this is resolved with the New DMS process creating a single playlist plus all relevant files on the data partition.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Nixlimited

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 11:31:13 pm »
Well, I was previously able to create a new disk with the tools, why am I having difficulty this time?

Any chance I could test v.12 for you?

Thanks-