Author Topic: HELP, Audi PB cable hack for Concert I...  (Read 4199 times)

Offline hey_biff

HELP, Audi PB cable hack for Concert I...
« on: March 28, 2008, 02:09:51 am »
I'm so close to music I can taste it!

I have the older Concert I HU in my Audi A6. It has the older DIN8 style CD changer cable installed to the trunk. I bought a VW PB cable to use for it's centronics PB connector, as well as the pins ( 9 of them including a ground ) to adapt to a DIN8 connector to plug into the changer cable.

All I need to know is: what is the correct pin configuration for the Audi DIN8 changer connector? Also I've read that BMW's that use the DIN8 connector to a BLitzsafe adapter need the 12V AC converted to 5V DC. Is this necessary for the Audi or does the power come from the Concert I HU already adapted to 5V?

I've studied the pinouts page, and don't seem to be any firther along than I was before. Help! I installed the Concert I (1) specifically because it works with PB's. I really don't want to tear up my interior to run the 13pin cable if the 8pin cable will work.

When I saw the VW cable I thought all I would have to do is pull out the pins fom the rectangular cable end and run them into a DIN8 connector housing and PNP... after updating the firmware on my MDS that is. But now that I've read the posts here I'm not so sure, and don't want to fry my PB. It's my second and it's been through 2 cars, I want it to make it to the third.

TIA
heybiff