Author Topic: "Scan"-Button on Audi Nav-Plus (RNS-Plus)?  (Read 11395 times)

Offline Tron

"Scan"-Button on Audi Nav-Plus (RNS-Plus)?
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:19:30 pm »
Hello all,

sort of a silly question: I have the Audi Nav-Plus headunit (also called RNS-Plus) and I am looking for the "SCAN"-Button. This button supposedly makes the phatbox announce the current playing track. I've set the phatbox to the correct headunit-type, which is "S" in this case.

The basic controls for the CD-Changer are four buttons: two up/down which switch to the next CD and therefore toggle the playback modes of the box: playlist, album, artist, genre, feature menu. The other two are left/right and switch to the next track when pushed and scan through the current track when held.
The other buttons on the headunit have other meanings and nothing to do with the CD-Changer control.

So my question to those which also have that headunit: how is the "SCAN"-feature coded on that headunit?

Sincerely,
Tron

Offline Tron

Re: "Scan"-Button on Audi Nav-Plus (RNS-Plus)?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 11:08:02 am »
Hmm, does nobody have a car with that navigation system? It's this one here:

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »
If you pushed all the buttons and nothing did anything, my guess would be that the HU removed that button... which would kind of suck for you.  You could try calling Audi...

Offline Apiall

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:56:02 pm »
Sorry for the late answer, but I was wondering the same thing. Tonight I discovered by accident that you need to press the left and right arrows at the same time. I was looking to see what the radio type was, so thanks for the answer, "S"!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 05:34:11 pm »
Should put this on the WIKI or something so people can find it more easily, although I expect I'll remember it as well