Author Topic: DMS Cartridge parts available in the UK  (Read 9236 times)

Offline John_volvo

• Volvo V70, Phatbox, 2 original DMS,2 homemade DMS
DMS Cartridge parts available in the UK
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:02:45 am »
Great news, I usually purchase my cartridge parts from the states but they now appear to have discontinued the connector board.
Kenwood audio in the UK now have the parts in stock, Telephone number is 01728 746500
Parts required to build a complete DMS are as follows

DMS-CASE-0001   Cartridge Top Case
DMS-CASE-0002   Cartridge Bottom Case
DMS-CASE-0003   Cartridge Latch
DMS-CASE-0004   Cartridge Button
DMS-CASE-0005   Cartridge Spring
DMS-CAP-0001     Top Rubber
DMS-CAP-0002     Bottom Rubber
DMS-IFBD-0001   Connector Board

The only part that they cannot supply is PNCL-130002, but this is 4 x M3x6 screws, these are standard parts available from any hardware store.
Total cost for all the parts including the VAT and shipping is £49.00
This means that you can now build your new DMS without opening your original cartridge.

I have just ordered the case parts along with a solid state drive, I will post my results after I have built and tested it

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: DMS Cartridge parts available in the UK
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:37:22 am »
How much are the connector boards?  I'm thinking it's worth stocking up on these... ;)

Good find btw!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline John_volvo

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:38:37 pm »
£7.09 + the VAT
Company name is Fullers.
Web site is www.carradiorepairs.co.uk but it is not active yet

You don't need part DMS-CASE-0004 as this is included in DMS-CASE-0002. when I was ordering from the states it was a seperate part

Offline cmv

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 05:28:02 am »
Has anyone from the USA ordered one of the boards yet? If so, what was the shipping like? I'd be interested in doing some sort of group buy to lower shipping costs if that is high.

I'm thinking that ordering all the parts besides the board from the regular source plus the board from the UK would be the least expensive method.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 06:16:25 am »
A good idea, as I said I may well look to bulk buy some of the boards as they are dwindling in numbers... I can then offer them on....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline John_volvo

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 09:40:12 pm »
All the parts are available from kenwoodparts.com except the connector board this has been discontinued in the states. The prices from the states are very good in comparison to the UK (50%) but I always had to place 2 orders as I got hammered import VAT which was only £6.00 but the post office charges £8.00 handling to give the tax man the £6.00. When I purchased all the parts from the states it was about $50.00 (£25.00) but when I had added the import duty that added an extra 50% to the price. Since then I have asked them to ship it in 2 packages (no import duty). I am contemplating getting a DMS-DPIF2-0001 cradle circuirt board as I have been reading of quite a few dead cradles.

Offline phlogue

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 03:27:54 pm »
Has anyone from the USA ordered one of the boards yet? If so, what was the shipping like? I'd be interested in doing some sort of group buy to lower shipping costs if that is high.

I'm thinking that ordering all the parts besides the board from the regular source plus the board from the UK would be the least expensive method.

x2 -- I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone?

Offline Slartibartfast

• Fjords are the result of Infinite Improbability
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 07:45:25 pm »
I called that number today and tried to order the DMS connector board, but the man said the part number didn't exist!  ??? And when I explained what I wanted, he told me that no parts for the Music Keg DMS were available unless I wanted to buy a complete DMS for £150 or something  :P ... Am I asking the wrong questions or have they discontinued this?
Thanks!

Offline Actualsizeaudio

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 01:00:55 am »
Can anybody in the UK help us with this? I need 2 boards quite badly.