Author Topic: Audi Symphony II+  (Read 5236 times)

Offline mosquito

• PhatHacker
Audi Symphony II+
« on: May 02, 2008, 05:54:32 pm »
Hi, Do anybody know if an audi symphony II+ radio can be used with a phatbox, I had it in my previous car working with a concert radio and now i'd like to install it to the new car but I understand the cables are different and it might not be compatible, can anyone help me on this, also if possible point out which cable I need to connect HU to Phatbox cable, thanks.

Offline robbyb413

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Re: Audi Symphony II+
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 09:10:42 pm »
Well it looks like it's pretty simple.

Which changer is your car wired for? Glovebox or trunk? probably glove box. The VW phatnoise cable (rectangle) plugs in there, attach that to the phatnoise, then just break out your VAGCOM and recode the radio to 0320112 to enable the aux and changer ports. If you're wired to the trunk, then the Audi cable (round)  should plug right in, then do the same coding.

If you're NOT wired for either of course you need to go pick those cables up at the dealer which can be pricey.

What vehicle do you have? The Symphony II+ came in a couple cars... narrowing down which one you have could help me pull some more info for you.

Offline mosquito

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:38:42 pm »
Symphony II+ have an in dash cd changer and my car isn't prewired for neither trunk or glovebox changer, I know I might have to purchase this wire but the question is which one? dealer appears to have no clue and not many people have this radio connected with a phatbox, if you happen to have a part number please provide it, dealer can't find anything withou it!!!

Offline robbyb413

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:02:51 pm »
You just need to call a more knowledgable dealer.  It's the same cable that you would use to run a changer to the glovebox or the trunk. If they can't figure that one out... well... come on now.

Otherwise search the vortex media group sites. Owning an Audi without being a member of Fourtitude there is just setting yourself up to fail. You should have an account and start lurking. You can find out there which dealerships have a clue about anything and find part numbers there.