Author Topic: PhatHack DMS Tools v2.12 - Available Now - NEW! 11/June/2008  (Read 96257 times)

Offline stirer

• PhatHacker
Re: PhatHack DMS Tools v2.12 - Available Now - NEW! 11/June/2008
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 12:24:16 pm »
Links to download application are dead, can someone tell me where else can I download?

Does anyone know if this has been resolved?  I tried to download the hack tools 2.12 and the links were bad.

It's finally time for a hack   ;D

Offline phenril

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 10:58:48 pm »
I also canīt download because of broken links.
Shall anybody reupload files?, Thanks.

Offline CS8ALM

• PhatHacker
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 06:48:46 pm »
Me also

Could the broken links be fixed, or someone give an alternative location to these tools?

Ade

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 12:24:51 pm »
Oh sorry, bloomin ISP has screwed up again whilst I move around a bit.  I'll upload somewhere else, bear with me...
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline sckuperman

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2009, 07:14:50 pm »
Oh sorry, bloomin ISP has screwed up again whilst I move around a bit.  I'll upload somewhere else, bear with me...

1st, let me write that you, SBinger, and the other saviours on this site are wonderful human beings for keeping our hardware alive and useful in Harman's face.  Especially for those of us without a hacking or coding bone in our body...

A suggestion, but since your binaries and zip packages are distributed under GNU, perhaps you would want to start a torrent for download and not just the zipped compilations.  A torrent will ensure that as long as there are seeders, you won't have to worry about your ISP/host screwing around with you, bandwidth limitations, storage, or linking problems.  Sure you may not have ultimate control over what versions exist in the wild, but that's what this forum is for, right?

I'd be happy to start a torrent if you are interested.  An intial link to a torrent that individually include Phathack MM v0.9, DMS Tools v2.12, et al could be listed here.

Just a suggestion.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 02:29:54 am »
... or I could host the PMM files on this site...

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2009, 07:51:08 am »
I have host space, but for some reason I haven't moved the tools over.... and I keep forgetting to do it.
I'll add it to my loooooong list of things, unless you've moved them and changed the links in the original post by then.... ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Slack

• A few posts under my belt.
  • Subgenius Unite!
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 09:02:07 pm »
Stupid question.

Bear in mind my last post was in Dec of 2005. I did a succesfull hack and DMS upgrade using a Linux boot disk.

In any case, I read the documentation for this tool. And I think this is the tool I want to use. I just want to create a new DMS @ 120gigs because I finally ran of room on my original hack job disk.

So I read the documentation, and or the create new DMS part it never seems to ask for a disk signature (which I still have from the first go around). Are these signatures no longer needed? Cause it was pretty well stress back in '05 to hang onto them things for dear life.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2009, 08:41:38 am »
If your box is hacked and you are using a non-PhatNoise disk then you don't need to worry about the signature backups.
The hack process modifies the disk authentication process to always validate the disk.

Just go ahead and create a new DMS using the new tools.

Offline beckfield

• PhatHacker
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 03:49:16 pm »
Is there any chance of a Linux version of these tools?  I quit upgrading Windows some time ago.  I keep a Win2k box running for a few applications that aren't available for Linux, but Linux is my main system now.  I installed the PhatHack DMS tools on my Windows box, but the program can't locate the DMS ("No DMS devices were found").  (I realize you wrote and tested the program on XP and Vista only; this isn't a complaint, just a fact of life).

Thanks,
Beckfield

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2009, 01:18:58 am »
it would be really easy for me to write something to do that on linux -- I just never had anybody need it...  pm me if you still need that and I'll whip up some scripts for you to apply the patch or format a DMS

Offline mdp

Flac
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 01:32:57 am »
I wonder, reading flac files 1411, the Phatnoise Music Manager v 1.87 just shows a bit-rate 705. When transfered is the phatbox using the full bitrate? ???
Where can I get the latest avalible working version of pmm?

mdp
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 05:29:17 am »
Register at PhatNoise.US and check the download section

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
Re: Flac
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 02:09:02 pm »
I wonder, reading flac files 1411, the Phatnoise Music Manager v 1.87 just shows a bit-rate 705. When transfered is the phatbox using the full bitrate? ???
Where can I get the latest avalible working version of pmm?

mdp
Wow - talk about off-topic...   ::)

Anyway - the FLAC files are transferred correctly.  It is just that Music Manager estimates the bit-rate at 50% of WAV since it cannot know the rate precisely (since the rate of a FLAC file changes throughout the file's length anyway).

Offline Mojuice98

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 03:28:51 pm »
I have installed the DMS tool software and I get the message; t would appear the patch failed on your PhatBox, please join the PhatHack Community forums [http://forum.phathack.com] and post the contents of the file PHTSYS/logfile.txt 

Patch was not applied or failed to start, there is no patchverify.log

I could not find a PHTSYS/logfile.txt, what should I do next?

Offline wfandrea

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 06:26:13 pm »
Great tool! Keep up the good work!

Wim

Offline mdp

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2009, 04:26:56 pm »
Hey Vortechs,

Yesterday I tryed to download the DMS tools v2.12 I am installing al my software on a new computer it was not possible to use the link in the forum. In this mail a jpg of the error message.
I was trying to connect from the Netherlands as if it matters?

I am using your hacktool with great satisfaction. I discovered the same problems using the tools and the Music managers (both Phatnoise and phathack MM).
I thought the two musicmanagers installed together caused the problems.
Using the phathack MM it was for me not possible to fill the DMS with tracks whitout messing up the sequence in the albums.
By selecting an artist all the tracks mixed.
In the end I un-installed all the MM's and re-installed the Phatnoise MM v1.87 registered this one. (why is this part still working) and updated to v2.35.
Filling the Dms (hacked new disk 160 gb) whit more then about 15 albums (flac) in the v1.87 gave serious trouble messedup Dms and in the end new formatted Dms.
The v2.35 is able to handlle large volumes better and recovers lost tracks, reopening a Dms after correct closure failed.

In the new installation I have problems filling the Dms, Windows is not able to Write propperly and the copy songs boxs is closed whith the message 'File patch is to long'.
I suspect the Usb port I used is on a Multi-card reader which is probbebly uncorrect installed. The Icoon of connected usb devices is disappearing from the toolbar (setup show always).

Whatever Grtz mdp
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter

Offline sage710

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2009, 05:11:54 am »
Is there another site to download the DMS tools? I get the same error message as "mdp". Thanks.

sage

Offline GTIChris04

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2009, 05:33:54 am »
I am also having problems with the download link.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2010, 01:42:04 pm »
Sorry, being the christmas period my ISP hasn't been around to get the problem resolved.  I have a date of 7th January.  I'm pretty sure I have a copy of the install media on my work machine but unfortunately I switched that off as I finished work on the 22nd for the christmas break.

I'll have an alternative link available on Monday.